Here’s a taste of the NFL draft rumor, innuendo, and other glorious nonsense (including, occasionally, fact-based content) for your consideration just before the NFL Draft starts around 4 pm ET:
(What happened with John Elway won’t happen with Matthew Stafford, thanks to his bank-busting deal with the Detroit Lions to go #1 overall)
- Matt Cassel has supposedly agreed to a six-year, $36m contract with the Kansas City Chiefs before the draft, removing any need for them to draft an emergency quarterback-of-the-future. (Or have they?)
- Bill Belichick, always a reliable source of information, claims the New England Patriots will not trade up into the upper tier of the first round.
- On the other hand, Rich Eisen believes the New York Jets may trade up into the number two slot.
- But not if the Washington Redskins get there first. The Mark Sanchez lust has become almost unseemly.
Who else might be on the move, including a number you usually don’t hear about on draft day? Read on!
- The Oakland Raiders are trying to slough off Michael Huff as well as Derrick Burgess as Al Davis has a lucid moment.
- Chad Ocho Cinco (Miss Cinco if you’re paying) is definitely not being traded except that he could be traded.
- Anquan Boldin has not been traded yet, despite Drew Rosenhaus’ best efforts.
- And our favorite rumor: Michael Crabtree will have a Pontiac-sized chip on his shoulders if he’s not the first wide receiver taken.