NOW BATTING, (INSERT PLAYER HERE) - HIT THE MUSIC!: It’s an age-old question asked by and to baseball fans throughout the land: What would be your entrance music?
THROWBOT runs down some of the choice licks selected by certain sluggers and southpaws who want all 50,000 in attendance to know what’s on their iPod at the moment.
There’s Ozzy Osbourne, Guns ‘n’ Roses, AC/DC, Snoop Dogg, Jaz-Z, and plenty of other rappers ‘n’ rockers rattled off to grab your attention for five seconds while you scarf down your nachos and $8 lukewarm beers.
For those who need to know more, more, more… here’s a detailed list offered from the juggernaut of internet information we’ve come to know and love as Wikipedia.
After a bit of perusing, here’s some of our favorties:
• Paul LoDuca, Mets - “Stayin’ Alive” by the Bee Gees
• Tom Gordon, Phillies - “Flash Gordon” by Queen
• Matt Holliday, Rockies - “Holiday” by Madonna
• Mike Myers, Yankees - Theme from “Halloween”
• Cliff Floyd, Cubs - Theme from “Sanford & Son”
• Raul Ibanez, Mariners - “Werewolves of London” by Warren Zevon