- Greek basketball team offers Kobe Bryant a three-year, $83 million contract, plus a lifetime supply of extra virgin olive oil. His wife Vanessa wants to renegotiate the second part.
- Roger Goddell is Blinky to Adam Jones’ Pac Man: the NFL Commissioner drops a four-game suspension on the Cowboys troublemaker after he brawled at a hotel with his bodyguard.
- Scottish police confiscated more than 240 gallons of alcohol from soccer fans before last weekend’s World Cup qualifying match against Norway. Judging by the awful play of their team, I hope the cops gave the booze back to them on the way out.
- Spanish soccer player agrees to play for free this season. His agent, Drewlio Rosenhausalez, is not pleased.
- Steve Bartman five years later: still single, still living with his parents, still lucky not to have been ripped limb from limb by Cubs fans.
- Meanwhile, Barack Obama is a fan of Chicago’s other team. Or the Phillies. Or the Dodgers. Or…
- Shawn Alexander is a Redskin, while Jim Zorn whistles and hopes no one brings up how badly he threw Alexander under the bus on leaving Seattle.
- Ohio State fans would not trade an economic turnaround if it meant that the Buckeyes lose to Michigan. John Cooper immediately installed by President Bush as Chief Economic Advisor.
- Never trust anyone over 30. Or 70. Especially if they are buying scalped tickets from you at Dodger Stadium.
Posted by Richard Manfredi on Oct. 14, 2008, 7:30pm