To look through the stories SPORTSbyBROOKS has written about Lou Holtz over the years is to jump down a rabbit hole into an abyss of utter insanity. In the past year alone, the Elmer Fudd of college football has conquered Japan, praised Adolf Hitler’s leadership skills, dressed up as a fake psychiatrist, and stuck up for a race-baiting Dixiecrat politician. Interesting career moves for anyone, let alone one of ESPN’s premier college football experts.
Perhaps sensing that the Worldwide Leader in Sports is not the ideal milieu for the unhinged rantings of an old, rich white man, serial job-hopper Holtz is reportedly considering an all-new career that fits his personality better: Republican Congressman from Florida.
Tags: Al Franken
, Arkansas Razorbacks
, Jesse Helms
, Lou Holtz
, Lou Holtz Congress
, Lou Holtz Republican
, Lou Holtz Running For Congress
, Minnesota Golden Gophers
, Nick Galifianakis
, Notre Dame Fighting Irish
• AWFUL ANNOUNCING shines the Broadway spotlight on Digger Phelps, master thespian:
• Neil Best of NEW YORK NEWSDAY tries to talk shop with DEADSPIN guru Will Leitch.• Edward McClellan of SALON runs down how marathons are being ruined by amateurs.
• The RIVERSIDE PRESS-ENTERPRISE takes some reps with the next USC QB superstar - former Arkansas Razorbacks starter Mitch Mustain:
• 100% INJURY RATE feels the recent Bonds flap is just one more example of why the Bay Area is in sports hell.• FAN IQ swears they heard South Park characters say that Broncos QB Jay Cutler sucks.
• WE ARE SEC gets all gussied up for the upcoming Arizona State & USC fashion show - all for the benefit of the Matt Leinart Foundation:
• THE BRAVES SHOW feels the brotherly love, as Scott Rolen may come back to Philadelphia.• YOU BEEN BLINDED faces up to the mangling menace of Chinese chin straps.
• To celebrate their #1 ranking, BIG TEN TAILGATE advises LSU fans to drink up. And this woman certainly does:
• ESPN SOCCERNET kicks over news that England’s Sports Minister is concerned about the number of foreigners on British soccer teams.• COLLEGE NEWS is not shaking in their boots at these unintimidating school mascots.
Tags: Arkansas Razorbacks
, Barry Bonds
, Digger Phelps
, Jay Cutler
, Lsu Tigers
, Matt Leinart
, Mitch Mustain
, Philadelphia Phillies
, San Francisco
, Scott Rolen
, South Park
, Usc Trojans
, Will Leitch