• Lindsay Soto sure knows how to keep abreast of NHL playoff action.
• Perhaps looking for a little more face time, the Atlanta Hawks’ bird-brained mascot makes a temporary home on top of TNT’s backboard camera.
• Ex-Jag Jimmy Smith gives new meaning to “possession receiver“.
• MMA women menstruating does not make for a bloody good fight.
• That’s bra-wful: Brandi Chastain’s famous World Cup cups holder is caught up in bankruptcy court.
Tags: Anaheim Ducks
, Atlanta Hawks
, Brandi Chastain
, Cleveland Cavaliers
, Cris Cyborg Santos
, Jay Paterno
, Jimmy Smith
, Joe Paterno
, Lindsay Soto
, Nude Kitesurfing
, Pedophile Coaches
, Richard Branson
, Tcu Horned Frogs
, Wisconsin Whitewater Warhawks
My, what a day for college football-media relations. Earlier this afternoon, Brooks told us about a TCU official who was able to get a student reporter yanked from the Mountain West TV network just because he had an opinion about a Horned Frogs player. And if such hard-handed tactics can work with the big boys of college ball, it surely can work with the smaller schools, too.
(”Please, no questions from the student media - EVER AGAIN!!!”)
Lance Leipold is the head football honcho for the Division III University of Wisconsin-Whitewater squad. Since his arrival in 2007, Lance has led the Warhawks to a 27-3 record and finished as 2007 national champion & 2008 national runner-up, while grabbing himself a couple of national coach of the year awards in the process.
Such success can sometimes get to a person’s head, making them feel like they’re invincible and beyond mere mortal criticism. Leopold apparently reached this point, as a critical column in the school’s newspaper led the coach to ban the paper from covering his team.