*Brooks will be at Dodger Stadium tonight Tweeting about Manny Ramirez’s triumphant return to Chavez Ravine.
• Richard Jefferson tries to explain what really happened with his averted trip to the altar. It involves ending his relationship via email - along with sending a six-figure settlement to the jilted bride.
• NASCAR racer Jeremy Mayfield tests positive for meth. What, again?!?!
• The jokes at the ESPYs were so bad, producers were begging the audience to laugh & applaud - so they could edit it into the show later.
• But the real comedy highlight of the evening was a drunken Matt Kemp trying to break his fall by pulling down the top of his date’s dress.
• A youth soccer official is under investigation for embezzling over $100,000 from her local organization.
Tags: Barack Obama
, British Open
, Jeremy Mayfield
, Kesha Nichols
, Manny Ramirez
, Matt Kemp
, Richard Jefferson
, Sharon Schumaier
, Stan Musial
, St Louis Cardinals
, Tom Watson
, Washington Nationals
, Washington Post
, William Donovan
, Zena Foster
I used to think that Woody Allen’s character in “Take the Money and Run” was the worst bank robber ever. For one thing, he’s foiled during one attempt when he misspells the robbery note. “‘No sudden moves, I’ve got a gub.’ What’s a gub?” But Boston area bank robbers may have that beat. Meet William Donovan, who has poured himself a gigantic heaping bowl of bank robbery fail.
Donovan, genius that he is, decided that it would be a good idea to rob two banks on two different days while wearing the same clothes, including a Boston Red Sox hat and a T-shirt that reads “Mullet Removal Team.” Who could possibly identify me? But this story only gets better. Read more…