The CBC reports that the Dallas Stars have signed Avery to a 4-year, $16 million dollar deal. So, what will the Stars be getting for their money?
Mike Modano knows how to score: 525 goals, 749 assists, and a Stanley Cup should be sufficient proof. Also, he married Willa Ford last year. That’s what lawyers and Latin geeks call prima facie evidence.
And now Mrs. Mike Modano has completed filming of a teleplay based on the life and times of Anna Nicole Smith. Guess which part she plays?
STARS ALIGN AS WILLA FORD TIES KNOT WITH MODANO: Mike Modano faces off at the altar this Saturday, as the Dallas Stars star will be marrying “Dancing With The Stars” star Willa Ford:
The FT. WORTH STAR-TELEGRAM reports the nuptials between the skater and money-maker shaker will take place in Athens. However, the article neglects to mention which Athens - Athens, Greece; Athens, Georgia; or the Athens Cafe in Astoria, New York. (We’ll assume there’s a Texas version, and leave it at that.)
It will be interesting to see how many in Stars management received invitations, considering the soon-to-be Mrs. Modano’s previous opinions about her soon-to-be husband’s employer.
But we’re not sure if Modano is really ready for the sacred institution of marriage. During his lengthy NHL career, #9 has been involved in only one fight - a matchup against Rod Brind’Amour.
However, Brind’Amour’s surname roughly translates to “sprig of love”. So, if Modano’s single bout of fisticuffs was really a matter of the heart, Mike & Willa have a chance, after all.
• MR. IRRELEVANT celebrates a milestone as Comcast’s ‘Blog Show’ hits the double-digit mark:
• Forget Zito: Alyssa Milano is smitten with Russell Martin:
• OUR BOOK OF SCRAP offers a bracket with plenty of busts - The Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports:
• Your vote counts! THE WIZARD OF ODDS has reached the finals of their Great Billboard Competition:
• THE HATER NATION reports Roger Clemens’ first MLB start will be facing the Sox - but against a whiter shade of pale.
• SPORTS COLUMN offers up some soccer players getting a leg-up on field-invading fans:
• Speaking of the pitch, SOCCERNISTA has a nice chat with manic-turned-MBA-man Alexi Lalas.
• Look out Bon Jovi & Elway: SPORTS COUCH POTATO sees history in the making, as long-time sideline sports reporter Lesley Visser is looking to snag an Arena Football team:
• BLOWN COVERAGE invites you to grab a brew or three and play the Atlanta Braves Drinking Game:
• BABES LOVE BASEBALL wonders why the threatening Elijah Dukes is still allowed to play.
• AOL FANHOUSE congratulates U of Kentucky fan fatale Ashley Judd for finally getting her college degree:
• THE FEED rats out who’s gone to visit Tank Johnson while he passes time in the pokey. Yes: Most Bears teammates, coaches and Jesse Jackson; No: Johnson’s fiancee and also-looking-to-make-a-break-for-it Lance Briggs.• As he plots his latest comeback for the thousandth time, SPORTS COLUMN tracks down Rickey Henderson snagging some balls…away from other kids in the stands.
• THE BATTLE OF CALIFORNIA informs us how dance contestant Willa Ford met Dallas Star star Mike Modano, and how she feels about her fiance’s current employer:
• Hoping to recover from the loss of arena football, JOE SPORTS FAN reveals NBC’s new sports savior: Tiki Barbaro.• Hot on the heels of NASCAR, THE SPORTS PICKLE bets on a winner at the Preakness with the “Horses of Tomorrow”.
• SPORTS GONE SOUTH (sponsored by Goody’s Headache Powder) adds up (sponsored by Texas Instruments) Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s (sponsored by Junior Mints) heavy price to pay (sponsored by First Federal Savings) for leaving his dad’s company (sponsored by Dad’s Root Beer).
• HOCKEY NATION breaks the ice with Ottawa’s Game 1 victory over Buffalo in the NHL Eastern Conference finals. And since a Canadian team is involved, here’s the required version francais.
• Speaking of our neighbours to the north, THE SMITTBLOG examines how much the Toronto Blue Jays ooze sweet Canadianess - just by their names alone.
• Why has Al Davis had so much trouble fielding a decent Raiders team? OUR BOOK OF SCRAP thinks the silver jumpsuited one is following a different tune.
In case you’re wondering about the good judgement of Dallas Stars center Mike Modano, wonder no longer.
Modano, according to Access Hollywood, is now officially engaged to someone named Willa Ford.
Ford, who is a nudie model, lingerie bowl bimbo - and most impressively - former girlfriend of one of the Backstreet Boys, broke the news to the TV gossip show at something called the Arby’s Action Sports Awards.
Her porn pics are spread all over the internet, and here’s a small sampling (pics are safe for work):