• Jay Mariotti says so long to the Chicago Sun-Times, as the jovial jaunty journalist sees his future going down the Intertubes.
• Jose Guillen was oh so close to giving an annoying fan a Royal thrashing.
• A postal worker in Maine tries to make off with a rare baseball card he stole from someone else’s mail.
• Rich Gedman is willing to fight the Worcester press to protect the good name of his buddy Roger Clemens. And we do mean “fight“.
• A group of Pennsylvanians partake in a wiffleball game that last 24 hours. And you thought last night’s Mets-Phillies game went long.
Tags: Andy Roddick
, Brookyln Decker
, Campbells Soup
, Dennis Northcutt
, Jay Mariotti
, Jose Guillen
, Rich Gedman
, Roger Clemens
, Stealing Baseball Cards
, Stephon Marbury
, Usain Bolt
Among the great feats of collective human engineering, a few things stick out. The Great Wall of China. The Colosseum. The Circus Maximus. Mall of America. Craig Sager’s suits. They’re the sort of accomplishments that restore faith in humanity. Hey, if a few thousand Italians could’ve built the Colosseum 2,000 years ago, there’s nothing we can’t do today.
The residents of Albion, PA, understand that human spirit, and embody it to the fullest. They achieved quite possibly the most egregious waste of 24 hours ever recorded: A 24-hour wiffle ball game that ended with a final score of 935-514.