• Ana Ivanovic gets bounced from the second round of the U.S. Open by the 188th-ranked player in the world.
Well, at least Ana is still an alluring eyeful.
• A jerk who jotted down racist emails to Derek Jeter will be jammed into a jail cell for the next four years.
• Guess Beijing wasn’t the only Olympics to have pseudo-realistic ceremonies - isn’t that right, Sydney Symphony Orchestra?
• One Florida Gators running back doesn’t find his sex ed classes all that stimulating.
• Adios, Chad Johnson - Bienvenidos, Chad Ocho Cinco!
Tags: Ana Ivanovic
, Beijing Olympics
, Chad Johnson
, Dennis Rodman
, Derek Jeter
, Florida Gators
, Jose Canseco
, Michael Phelps
, New York Yankees
, Rugby Player Has Balls
, Sydney Olympics
, Tampa Bay Rays
, The Moment Of Truth
We’ve know this was coming for a while, but it’s still pretty disorienting: Wheaties has released their commemorative 2008 Olympics box covers, adorned by gymnastics gold medalist Nastia Liukin and decathlete Bryan Clay. But where’s Michael Phelps?
Thanks to a marketing coup, Kellogg landed Phelps instead, preventing General Mills from releasing an iconic orange box with the swimmer. Fortunately, the quotes from the athletes that were honored are every bit as boring and rote as a quote from Phelps would have been.