In 1999 Dallas television station WFAA celebrated its fiftieth anniversary on the air.
(Stuck in the ’70s, at least Verne had an excuse)
That year WFAA proudly presented a spectacular retrospective of its local TV news programming.
Spectacular only because, of course, the four-hour documentary celebrated the inordinately colorful career of former WFAA sports anchor
• This week, SbB’s Royals takes on
Curt Schilling’s Red Sox in hot SPORTING NEWS Strat-O-Matic action:
• CONSTRUDA lays it out, as Hawaii QB
Colt Brennan gets bulldogged by Fresno State.• AWFUL ANNOUNCING gets down with . Verne Lundquist doin’ tha Souja Boy
• 100% INJURY RATE plops in front of the tube, as they enjoy these
old-school athlete commercials:
• THE GRAND NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS calls child services, as
& Lee Corso Regis Philbin will make your kids hate you.• DOUBLE A ZONE explains how a team like Gardner-Webb can knock off a team like Kentucky.
• WAGGLE ROOM gets its groove on, as
Justin Timberlake joins the PGA Tour:
• MR. IRRELEVANT is bedeviled by Duke’s
next Great White Hope.• NATION OF ISLAM SPORTSBLOG tries to let the echoes sleep, as they root for Duke over Notre Dame this weekend.
, take note - Oregon State’s Trent Green Lyle Moevao shows you how a QB should block a defender:
• ARMCHAIR GM has some fiscal tips on how
can spend his hoped-for
.• GAMESPOT reviews
NCAA March Madness 08
Duke Blue Devils
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oregon State Beavers