In 1999 Dallas television station WFAA celebrated its fiftieth anniversary on the air.
(Stuck in the ’70s, at least Verne had an excuse)
That year WFAA proudly presented a spectacular retrospective of its local TV news programming.
Spectacular only because, of course, the four-hour documentary celebrated the inordinately colorful career of former WFAA sports anchor Verne Lundquist.
• This week, SbB’s Royals takes on Curt Schilling’s Red Sox in hot SPORTING NEWS Strat-O-Matic action:
• CONSTRUDA lays it out, as Hawaii QB Colt Brennan gets bulldogged by Fresno State.• AWFUL ANNOUNCING gets down with Verne Lundquist doin’ tha Souja Boy.
• 100% INJURY RATE plops in front of the tube, as they enjoy these old-school athlete commercials:
• THE GRAND NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS calls child services, as Lee Corso & Regis Philbin will make your kids hate you.• DOUBLE A ZONE explains how a team like Gardner-Webb can knock off a team like Kentucky.
• WAGGLE ROOM gets its groove on, as Justin Timberlake joins the PGA Tour:
• MR. IRRELEVANT is bedeviled by Duke’s next Great White Hope.• NATION OF ISLAM SPORTSBLOG tries to let the echoes sleep, as they root for Duke over Notre Dame this weekend.
• Trent Green, take note - Oregon State’s Lyle Moevao shows you how a QB should block a defender:
• ARMCHAIR GM has some fiscal tips on how A-Rod
can spend his hoped-for $350 million
.• GAMESPOT reviews NCAA March Madness 08
Tags: Alex Rodriguez
, Colt Brennan
, Curt Schilling
, Duke Blue Devils
, Justin Timberlake
, Lee Corso
, Notre Dame Fighting Irish
, Oregon State Beavers
, Regis Philbin
, Trent Green
, Verne Lundquist