• It appears that Chinese fans will go ga-ga over anything Michael Phelps - even BBC reporters who look like the gold-winning swimmer.
But when it comes to employees of the Beeb, we prefer to go ga-ga over swimming analyst Sharron Davies.
• Teasing the Aussies about coming home with less Olympic medals than the British? The Sun is there.
• A Canadian fencer says a loss to a rival felt like “a kick in the nuts” - which is more remarkable considering the crestfallen foiler is female.
• With the Beijing Games now gone, how will Yao Ming be able to get on with his life?
• It’s bad enough when a football coach assaults a player from an opposing team, but it’s downright disgusting when said player is only 8 years old.