When going to watch your favorite baseball team in an opposing team’s stadium, there are a couple things to keep in mind as an away fan. If you’re wearing your team’s jersey, expect to be heckled. Your reaction to the heckling determines whether you’ll have a fun time or end up with a beer spilled on you or worse. It’s generally a good idea to keep the massive drinking down to a minimum as well - if the home team’s fans are famously hostile, you’ve gotta keep your head on a swivel, just in case. Stay aware of these things and you’ll have a great time in any city, even if your team’s the enemy.
These helpful guidelines unfortunately come a day late for one Texas Rangers fan who attended last night’s A’s-Rangers game in Oakland. Being drunkenly belligerent to the home team’s fans is asking trouble in and of itself - taunting Oakland fans is always a dicey proposition. But taunting the police who show up to escort you from the premises? Yep, that’s a Tasing.
(Video after the jump.)
• A very tough week for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: Pitcher Nick Adenhart dies in a hit & run car accident caused by a drunk driver, just days after a fan dies from a post-game fight in an Angel Stadium stairwell.
(Left - Nick Adenhart; Right - Fight victim Brian Powers)
• Cheryl Miller wasn’t pleased that Scot Pollard was late for their NBA TV show, and she wasn’t afraid to use the airtime to air her grievances.
• ESPN reporter Shelley Smith takes a misstep at a Detroit bar during the Final Four.
• Fans fighting while their team’s championship banner is being raised, and booing while World Series rings are given out? Must be Philadelphia.
• A former Gonzaga women’s basketball star-turned-high school softball coach gets zagged for having sex with one of her 16-year-old players.
Tags: Anaheim Angels
, Cheryl Miller
, David Wright
, Gonzaga Bulldogs
, Hope Dworaczyk
, Jennifer Aniston
, John Daly
, Los Angeles Angels
, New York Mets
, New York Yankees
, Nick Adenhart
, Philadelphia Phillies
, Playboy Golf
, Scot Pollard
, Shelley Smith
, The Masters
When pro athletes & other celebrities are invited to attend special events like award shows or golf tournaments, they’re usually given a goodie bag full of … um, goodies, like iPods or DVDs or scented oils and such.
But when some NFL players showed up for a recent Playboy Golf outing, the nudie mag had a little request for the gridiron guys - DO Tase Me, Bro!
That’s right - the NFLers were given Tasers.