• STOKKE STILL RESISTS MEDIA (WITH ESPN APPEARANCE): Allison Stokke continues to garner *unwanted* media attention today as she appears in-studio at 5pm PT on KSPN-AM’s Mason and Ireland show in Los Angeles (we know, this post is worthless without pics).
• PGA Tour player K.J. Choi says that if he wins the PGA’s new FedEx Cup, he will give 100% of the $10M first prize to charity
And it could happen, as Choi already has won twice this year, putting him at No. 5 in the FedEx Cup standings.
• Dave Smith of Sporting News Radio has an interesting point: “How is its that hunting is legal and dogfighting is illegal? Hiding in the bushes, covering yourself in deer piss and then shooting a deer in the back of the head. … That’s a sport?”
• LARRY BROWN SPORTS has this find, via our dear friends at the NACOGDOCHES DAILY SENTINEL:
The head followed a win by the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks over the Jacksonville State Gamecocks.
• CHRISTINE DANIELS FINALLY FOUND OUT? Blind item in the NEW YORK DAILY NEWS today: “Which lady sports journalist has become locker-room gossip because of her hands-on approach to covering ball sports?
• Erin of BALLHYPE has the shocking news: Some sports bloggers are actually gainfully employed.
• DODGER PRESS PASSES SHOULD COME WITH GAS MASKS: Somehow Arash Markazi of SI.com is able to pen a piece on the pox of L.A. sports radio, Vic Jacobs, without a mention of the incredible stench emanating from Jacobs’ trademark, ferret-based headgear.
The only thing more foul than the AM radio reporter’s oft-worn yet never washed Pancho? Steve Lavin’s breath (we’re serious).
• Jason Whitlock of the KANSAS CITY STAR unveils his version of Priest Holmes: A selfish faker.
Dave Krieger Mark Kriegel* of FOX SPORTS notes that Barry Bonds’ bagman, Greg Anderson, has done more hard time than notorious mob figure Sammy “The Bull” Gravano did (in the wake of 19 dead bodies).
(* - no more three fingers of Cutty for lunch!)
• WE’RE GUESSING NENE IS NO LONGER A FOREIGNER FAN: MONEY PLAYERS reports NBA player Nene was bilked out of millions and is “essentially broke“ thanks to agent (parasite) Joe Santos.
• BENMALLER.COM IS NO MORE: The tireless Ben Maller
has now completely folded his invaluable (and free) sports news clipping service into the Foxsports.com website
. SI.com has started a similiar clipping service at its new Fannation.com website