• Jay Mariotti says so long to the Chicago Sun-Times, as the jovial jaunty journalist sees his future going down the Intertubes.
• Jose Guillen was oh so close to giving an annoying fan a Royal thrashing.
• A postal worker in Maine tries to make off with a rare baseball card he stole from someone else’s mail.
• Rich Gedman is willing to fight the Worcester press to protect the good name of his buddy Roger Clemens. And we do mean “fight“.
• A group of Pennsylvanians partake in a wiffleball game that last 24 hours. And you thought last night’s Mets-Phillies game went long.
Tags: Andy Roddick
, Brookyln Decker
, Campbells Soup
, Dennis Northcutt
, Jay Mariotti
, Jose Guillen
, Rich Gedman
, Roger Clemens
, Stealing Baseball Cards
, Stephon Marbury
, Usain Bolt
We’ve all had the urge. You’re sitting there, meal finished, belly full, and all you want to do is leave and go home and play video games. Of course you can’t, because the waiter last passed through half an hour ago. Hmmm. Maybe if I just leave, no one will notice …
Stop right there. Stealing isn’t cool, dude. It’s bad enough to dine and ditch, but it’s especially egregious when you’re swiping rare baseball cards from out of the mail, like Maine postal worker Richard Trofatter Jr.