• Erin Andrews seems to look a bit emaciated at the MLB All-Star Game:
Somebody get that gal a huge plate of St. Louis BBQ ribs, pronto!
• Pics of the bloody strap & knife that Amanda Rodrigues allegedly used to kill her ex-boxer husband Arturo Gatti.
• If the United Football League will be remembered for anything, it could be for the wireless QB wristband known as the ID Coach.
• Delaware to allow betting on NFL games. Wilmington, here we come!
• Albert Pujols says he’s so not doing steroids that he dares you to help yourself to his bathwater.
Tags: Albert Pujols
, Amanda Rodriguez
, Antoine Walker
, Arturo Gatti
, Dana White
, Ea Sports
, Erin Andrews
, ID Coach
, Myles Brand
, Sonia Sotomayor
, St. Paul Saints
, United Football League
Technology marches on: As you know, the Bengals’ Chad Ochocinco and the Bucks’ Charlie Villanueva have been banned from using Twitter during games, and the T-Wolves’ Kevin Love recently got into trouble for blabbing about team business via Tweeting. The St. Paul Saints independent minor league baseball team doesn’t think that’s fair, and they’re fighting back.
For their game on July 23 at Midway Stadium, the Saints are encouraging all players and coaches to Twitter and update their Facebook pages during the game. This is a revolutionary concept that just may change sports as we know it, or at the very least provide endless entertainment during the next Joe Mikulik tirade. Read more…
• A-Rod may have been taking steroids since his high school playing days.
• The Baltimore Sun tells two of their writers that they’ve been fired - as they’re working in press row in the middle of an Orioles game.
• It seems that Derek Jeter is the only one these days who can afford those new $850,000 Yankee Stadium luxury suites.
• If you don’t yell “Fore!”, don’tworry - you’re not legally responsible for any damages done to other golfers.
• Swine flu is affecting the sports landscape like some kind of epidemic.
Tags: Alex Rodriguez
, Baltimore Orioles
, Baltimore Sun
, Carmelo Anthony
, Charlie Ruud
, Derek Jeter
, Naked Squirt Gun Battles
, New York Yankees
, St. Paul Saints
, Swine Flu
, Ucla Bruins
, Washington Capitals
, Yankee Stadium
Charlie Ruud is a star pitcher for the St. Paul Saints. (You may recognize the team from its various wacky promotions - the Michael Vick dog chew toy, for one.) During his four seasons with the Minnesota-based minor league club, Ruud has set team records for the most wins (32), most starts (60) and most innings played (397).
But Charlie may soon be giving up his dreams of major league glory so he can answer an even bigger call-up.