Guess there are some Boston baseball beauties that can knock your sox off.
• Avery Johnson now has time to attend all those Josh Howard parties.
Will Mark D’Antoni also be available for appearances?
• Some grouchy media dinosaurs use Bob Costas’ HBO show to growl about the sports blogosphere.
• But they don’t understand the true power of the Internet, as in the case of a small-college football player using YouTube to get himself drafted by the Eagles.
• Maria Sharapova finally meets Anna Kournikova - about 3-5 years too late for most of the media to care.
• Sisters are doing it for themselves - especially when it comes to softball sportsmanship.
Tags: Anna Kournikova
, Avery Johnson
, Bcs Mess
, Beijing Olympics
, Billy Packer
, Deshawn Stevenson
, Drafted On Youtube
, Hating On Bloggers
, Jim Lefebvre
, Josh Howard
, Maria Sharapova
, Mark Dantoni
, Michael Vick
, Nick Saban
, Sexy Red Sox Fans
, Softball Sportsmanship
, Will Leitch
As Roger Clemens continues to sully America’s pastime (steroid allegations, the Brian McNamee mess, the long-time affair with Mindy McCready), it would be nice to see a feel-good story coming out of baseball for a change. But we couldn’t find one, so we checked out it’s sister sport, softball - and discovered a tale of true sportsmanship that softened our hardened hearts.
(L: Western Oregon’s Sara Tucholsky;
R: Central Washington’s Mallory Holtman)
ESPN’s Graham Hays shares the story of Sara Tucholsky, a senior for Division II Western Oregon, who was hitting 3-for-34 in her final year & would have completed her collegiate career homerless - if not for the kindness of an opposing player. Read more…