• Who says ESPN isn’t entertaining anymore (besides most sports fans)? WITH LEATHER digs up video of Sean Salisbury calling John Clayton “The Cryptkeeper“.
(Real fun starts about 1:20 in)
• DC SPORTS BOG knows that behind every great defensive coordinator, there’s a wife cutting his hair and telling him to kick Tom Brady’s ass. (Wonder what Brady’s barber’s rebuttal would be?)
• Meanwhile, Brady’s Super Bowl loss must still really sting. After bowing out of the Pro Bowl, WAGGLE ROOM slices up news that the Pats QB is also pulling out of the Pebble Beach Pro-Am (and so is Bill Belichick & Bill Murray).
• Speaking of the Pats coach, Mike Bianchi of the ORLANDO SENTINEL wants to know who’s the biggest jerk in sports.
• DEADSPIN follows up on Will Leitch’s wild night in Lipstick City.
• DEUCE OF DAVENPORT finds these soccer players’ skills most impressive.
Tags: Arkansas Razaorbacks
, Bill Belchick
, Boston Red Sox
, Maria Sharapova
, Michigan Wolverines
, New York Giants
, Rudy Giuliani
, Ryan Mallett
, Steve Spagnuolo
, Super Bowl
, Toronto Blue Jays
, Will Leitch
• The BIG LEAD has a posting from a Florida State sports fansite that claims students who skip class will have their FSU football tickets taken away (and miss this next to you in the student section):
• Adam Rose of the LOS ANGELES TIMES reviews the entire Reggie Bush book penned by Don Yaeger, and reports there’s plenty of dirt to be hauled.
• TMZ has the most emasculating moment of Tom Brady’s life - recorded to video. *fist punch*
Now that Lloyd Carr has at last driven off into the sunset, CONSTRUDA wonders if Michigan QB Ryan Mallett will be staying or going:
The TOLEDO BLADE reports that the freshman signal caller is ready to transfer to UCLA, according to a “person close to the team.”
But Michigan associate AD Bruce Madej says no transfer paperwork has crossed his desk yet, and already overheard Mallett “talking with the guys about seeing them next week.” And a week earlier, Ryan told the Blade that he wants to remain a Wolverine next season.