• The Lakers fans’ celebration in downtown L.A. was a riot. No, seriously.
(These Lucky Strike lasses are wanted for questioning. They didn’t do anything wrong - we’re just looking for an excuse to talk to them.)
• Among those witnessing Kobe’s non-Shaq title triumph was Chris Brown & Rihanna - along with a fake Rihanna.
• With his 10th NBA title ring, Phil Jackson should finally call it a career - at least according to Charles Barkley.
• Now that the NBA & NHL seasons are finally over, we can turn our attention to the titles that really matter: the World Air Sex Championships.
• In a recent photoshoot, Anna Kournikova shows she’s still A-OK.
Tags: Air Sex Championships
, Anna Kournikova
, Bryce Harper
, Charles Barkley
, Chris Brown
, Joe Buck
, London Olympics
, Los Angeles Lakers
, Maria Sharapova
, Michelle Larcher De Brito
, MLB In Olympics
, Monica Seles
, Nba Finals
, Phil Jackson
Not to roll out back-to-back soccer posts, but sometimes the news is just too good to keep a lid on. The Chairman (read: President/CEO) of Romanian soccer side Steau Bucharest, George “Gigi” Becali, is so street that he, quite literally, is a gangster. He worked his way to dominant (51 percent) ownership of the Champions League and UEFA Cup level squad by selling land he didn’t own to the Romanian Army, and he’s pushed out every challenger to his soccer reign of terror that has ever emerged.
(This really is George Becali. Swear to God. It’s not some kind of a Godfather photo or something.)
Well, now ol’ uncle Gigi is under investigation — and detained in Romania — for kidnapping and assaulting three men who had the misfortune of choosing his car to steal. According to the ASSOCIATED PRESS, Becali called in six of his best strongmen to head out and chase down the thieves, threaten them at gunpoint and then leave them stranded in a village way the heck outside of town.