The regrettably named Rain Smith reports for the KINGSPORT (TN) TIMES-NEWS that before a local high school baseball game last month, a Powell Valley (VA) ballplayer urinated on the field during the national anthem.
Acting on a dare, a Powell Valley baseball player lined up with his fellow Vikings for the National Anthem, unzipped his pants and urinated on the field.
Wise County Schools Superintendent Jeff Perry said of the boy’s lapse of judgement, “We want to make this very clear, this kid did nothing that he considered unpatriotic. He’s going to pay for it, but we don’t have to behead him, we don’t have to crucify him.”
Amusing? Yep. But not as funny as another reporter, Claire Galofaro of BRISTOL (TB) HERALD-COURIER launching an I-Team investigation into the identity of the kid.
The Ladies… will be on SbB all weekend to live blog the NFL Draft. They’ll be here for eight hours each day beginning Saturday at 2pm ET. See you then!
• Bolivian basketball babe Claudia Porras still proves she’s a model player.
• Today’s the day Rick Monday cemented himself as a real American hero for rescuing Old Glory.
• Jim Gray is still stalking the press areas - if only he was doing it for an actual sports network.
• Meanwhile, Kelvin Sampson is having no trouble entertaining job offers from the NBA.
• Dallas sportscaster Dale Hansen compares Pacman’s trade to Big D with the Cowboys signing Osama bin Laden.
If you live in Los Angeles, you probably aren’t a big fan of Rick Monday. The current, insufferable Monday-Charley Steiner Dodger broadcast combo is the worst pairing since Star Jones‘ fake marriage.
But every April 25, we’re reminded of the greatest moment in Monday’s also-forgettable playing career (sorry Youppi!). Read more…