• Grant Hill reveals that Christian Laettner is a big jerk. In other news, sky is blue, water is wet, Duke is overrated.
• A former U of Minnesota running back can’t leave the state to attend an NFL tryout - just because he’s an “untreated sex offender“.
• There’s nothing like a buzzer-beater to punch your ticket to the Big Dance.
• The Yankees hope to have the healthiest ballpark in the league.
• Delaware seems determined to take a gamble on sports betting.
Tags: Albert Haynesworth
, Andre Smith
, Billy Packer
, Christian Laettner
, Duke Blue Devils
, Espn Radio
, Grant Hill
, Lane Kiffin
, Minnesota Golden Gophers
, New York Yankees
, Oj Simpson
, Portland State Vikings
, Richard Williams
, Robert Morris Colonials
, Serena Williams
, Venus Williams
Venus & Serena Williams will soon be welcoming a new stepmother into the family. And the sisters should have a lot in common with their new mom - such as their age.
Jose Lambiet of the PALM BEACH POST’s PAGE 2 LIVE lobs up the news that 67-year-old tennis dad Richard Williams is engaged to 30-year-old Lakeisha Graham. To put it in perspective, Lakeisha is only one year older than prospective stepdaughter Venus & two years older than prospective stepdaughter Serena.
The Big Three in women’s tennis turned out to be big busts in Wimbledon. Unfortunately, we’re not talking about upper torsos here.
Jelena Jankovic became the latest high-ranking racket girl to be bounced from the English tourney, as the #2 player in the world lost in a 4th-round matchup against 60th-ranked Tamarine Tanasugarn of Thailand.
At least Jelena’s competition that was a little tougher than that of #3 Maria Sharapova (beaten by 154th-ranked Alla Kudryavtseva) and #1 Ana Ivanovic (beaten by 133rd-ranked Zheng Jie).
When Venus & Serena Williams were recently in India for the Bangalore Open, papa Richard decided to tag along. And as usual, he had a lot to say - especially how much he hates white people.
(If it was a white photographer, Richard would have held up a different finger)
YOU BEEN BLINDED gets the scathing scoop from an interview the deranged dad did with the DECCAN HERALD: Read more…
• Move over, Allison Stoke - WITH LEATHER via FAN IQ finds a new pretty pole vaulter that’s raising the bar - awesome Aussie Melanie Adams.
• THE BIG LEAD punches up word that the UFC wants you to vote - or else.
• Rob Drake trades his chestplate for a laptop, as he blogs about life as an MLB umpire.