• Jay Mariotti says so long to the Chicago Sun-Times, as the jovial jaunty journalist sees his future going down the Intertubes.
• Jose Guillen was oh so close to giving an annoying fan a Royal thrashing.
• A postal worker in Maine tries to make off with a rare baseball card he stole from someone else’s mail.
• Rich Gedman is willing to fight the Worcester press to protect the good name of his buddy Roger Clemens. And we do mean “fight“.
• A group of Pennsylvanians partake in a wiffleball game that last 24 hours. And you thought last night’s Mets-Phillies game went long.
Tags: Andy Roddick
, Brookyln Decker
, Campbells Soup
, Dennis Northcutt
, Jay Mariotti
, Jose Guillen
, Rich Gedman
, Roger Clemens
, Stealing Baseball Cards
, Stephon Marbury
, Usain Bolt
This is weird: Rich Gedman’s still alive. I had no idea. He’s currently managing the Worcester Tornadoes. And after an unannounced visit from former teammate and unadmitted drug user Roger Clemens prompted a story in the local paper, Gedman proceeded to go “Jim Luther Davis” on the author of the piece, Kevin O’Malley.
Apparently, Gedman took issue with O’Malley’s article because, well … I have no idea.