When we learned that RAGBRAI, or “the REGISTER’s Annual Bike Ride Across Iowa, would go right through the home of SbB’s Senior Midwest Analyst, Adam J, we couldn’t help but force him to wander the engorged streets of Indianola, documenting the conquering masses and their Spandex, body odor, and beer. Welcome to the Alcoholic Tour de France… de Iowa.
(Video of this below, if you feel like watching thousands of drunken Iowans belting out some tunes.)
10:00 p.m. It’s a lovely night in Indianola. Part of that is the beer talking, of course, but hey, beer makes for a good night. Read more…
• The critics all seem to agree: “The T.O. Show” stinks worse than B.O.
(All right, we get it, Terrell - you’re proud of your abs. Or wardrobe couldn’t afford any shirts)
• The Tahoe tourney attendee who amused Michael Jordan with a giant inflatable penis tells her side of the story - and sends us a new photo!
• Meanwhile, a Tahoe hotel employee accuses Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault - but is she the type to really be believed?
• Does Ozzie Guillen hate white players? That would be ironic, since he manages the White Sox.
• After being acquitted of rape charges, ex-NFL kicker Tony Zendejas sues the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department for $2 million.
Tags: Ben Roethlisberger
, Donald Trump
, Jose Guillen
, Kimo Leopoldo
, Michael Jordan
, Ned Colletti
, Ozzie Guillen
, Tahoe Golf Tournament
, Terrell Owens
, Tony Zendejas
As annual sporting traditions go, few match both the scope and novelty of RAGBRAI, an acronym for Register’s Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa.* You can figure out pretty easily from the name what all is involved. What started as an offhand idea from DES MOINES REGISTER editorial writer Donald Kaul for a nice week-long summer vacation has turned into a decades-long annual event that attracts several tens of thousands of riders, both from Iowa and abroad.
(No, Lance isn’t here this year, though we’re pretty sure Mr. Pork Chop is.)
So when we learned that the event would go right through the home of SbB’s Senior Midwest Analyst, Adam J, we couldn’t help but force him to wander the engorged streets of Indianola, documenting the conquering masses and their Spandex, body odor, and beer. Welcome to the Alcoholic Tour de France… de Iowa.