One of the sillier traditions in baseball (and that’s saying something) is the celebrity first pitch before every single stinkin’ ballgame. While there’s nothing wrong with commemorating milestones (either on the field or from the celebrity in question), it just seems kind of pointless to have someone weakly toss a baseball halfway to home plate before every single game just because.
That said, if you’re going to host a celebrity before every home ballgame, you might as well do it in style. The Los Angeles Dodgers more than any other team seem to understand the spectacle portion of the first pitch. Last month it was the Kardashians limp-wristedly playing with balls; this past week it was hottie Emmanuel Chriqui. Looks like the famously late-arriving Dodger Stadium crowd missed a good one.
The Los Angeles Dodgers remain undefeated at home this season, winning their lucky 13th in a row Wednesday in a 10-3 rout of the soon-to-be All-Star filled Washington Nationals. And who do the Blue Crew have to thank for setting a new major league record?
The Kardashian clan!
Kim, Kourtney, Khloe & mom Kris were all on (or near) the mound last night to get things started for the surprising Dodgers. And the sight of so many Kardashians in one setting must have been inspiring enough for Joe Torre’s boys to come out swinging & blast the Nats.
More pics after the jump.
• WITH LEATHER notes the Friendly Confines just got a lot friendlier, as SI cover girl Marisa Miller appears at Wrigley Field to throw out the first pitch:
• Tuesday night, SbB gets back in the live blog groove, as we cover Game 2 between the Spurs & Suns. Should be a big hit!
• SUPERSONIC SOUL digs up some old video of David Stern praising Seattle’s Key Arena.
• BASKETBAWFUL follows their nose, as Tyson Chandler gets a whiff of Dirk Nowitzki’s pits.
• This should go well - MONDESI’S HOUSE drinks in news that shirtless Steelers wonder Jeff Reed will be showing up at a minor league team’s Thirsty Thursday game.
• Speaking of the Steelers, DEADSPIN averts their eyes, as Santonio Holmes drops his Terrible Towel.
• RUMORS AND RANTS shows some love for these underappreciated sports flick chicks.
• Clay Travis of CBS SPORTSLINE warns the blogosphere on the price of annuled anonymity on the Internet.
• I’M WRITING SPORTS pitches along news that last season’s Rookie of the Year candidates are experiencing sophomore slumps.