I’ve less than no interest in Hollywood’s hilariously impossible attempt to capture Moneyball as a feature film - until now. Bad enough we’re required to buy Brad Pitt as Billy Beane, but now comes this newly-released photo of former A’s manager Art Howe being played by … wait for it … Philip Seymour Hoffman.
(Works for me!)
It gets better. Much, MUCH better. Read more…
Gisele’s not in Maxim’s Hot 100? Looks like it’s time for Tom to trade her in.
• It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! A Cinderella story - caught on tape!
• Why must the children pay for the sins of the mother - especially when it comes to Little League concessions?
• The Baltimore Ravens cheerleaders flock down to the Dominican Republic for their bikini calendar shoot.
• The T-Wolves’ Fred Hoiberg will be bringing along a special stuffed friend to make the NBA Lottery a little more bearable.
• Does Mike Tyson really want a Slice of Kimbo?
Tags: Baltimore Ravens
, Bill Parcells
, Chicago Cubs
, Hole In One
, Indianpolis Colts
, Kimbo Slice
, Little League
, Mike Tyson
, Minnesota Timberwolves
, Paul Depodesta
, Ricky Williams
, Seattle Mariners
, Stupid Suspensions
As all the cool kids already know, Padres front office guru-type assistant and former Dodgers General Manager Paul DePodesta has started one of them there blogs the kids are into these days. (We couldn’t exactly tell you why it’s not on the Padres’ Web site.) DePodesta, as you already know, probably wrote “Moneyball”. Joe Morgan’s not sure. Damned nerds; get off his lawn!
One week in, though, and the illusion of freedom of expressing one’s self without repercussion started to unravel. (To be fair, DePodesta never intimated he’d be Chatty Cathy about everything, but it is a blog. We have expectations, fair or not.) Read more…
• BEHIND THE BADGE passes along pics of some sexy senoritas from a Spanish-language TV show modeling the new DC United threads.
• In other apparel news, ZONER SPORTS catches a youngster wearing the jersey of his favorite Packer - Mark Chmura?!?!
• Former Dodgers GM & current Padres office assistant Paul DePodesta is taking a trip into the blogosphere.
• RANDBALL receives news that a former NFL Mr. Irrelevant will be trying his luck in love on “The Bachelorette“.