The Chinese are experiencing a unhinged moment of national pride. Despite outsider concerns — smog, human rights,
child singers and fake fireworks among them — the Beijing Olympics have thus far been a success, China’s symbolic modern coming-out party. Fake or not, those fireworks were cool.
But one Chinese man is having a better month than most: Known only as “
Second Brother“, an anonymous Olympic torch guard has become the toast of China, winning millions of young female fans who apparently (note to self!) find blind allegiance to the Motherland incredibly sexy:
• YOU BEEN BLINDED tunes in to see the gang at “South Park”
taking a run at . Bill Belichick
• THREE STRIKES AND OUT wants to invoke the Patriot Act, as an American basketball player will suit up for the
Russian women’s Olympic team.
• EVERY DAY SHOULD BE SATURDAY has found the
perfect halftime entertainment for next year’s gridiron games in Tuscaloosa.
GAME ON via COLLEGE HOOPS JOURNAL lays up a clip of Davidson star Stephen Curry chatting it up with Conan O’Brien.
At least Stephen should feel better knowing he lost to the national champs.
• Although he has yet to hit the court for the Blazers, the OREGONIAN learns that Portland fans are already
singing . Greg Oden’s praises - literally
• THE WORLD OF ISAAC offers up a load of diaper dandies, as they present their
top 10 ridiculous . Dick Vitale moments