When it comes to virile, 20-somethings inhabiting perfectly sculpted bodies, you really can’t have enough condoms. Half a million might sounds like a lot of latex, but in truth, an Olympic village full of sexy athletes can make quick work of a seemingly endless supply of prophylactics. Bow-chicka-wow-wow, indeed.
But this isn’t something new; according to former British Olympian Matthew Syed (handsomely pictured above), it’s a time-honored tradition as old as the Games.
Maybe it’s the lack of a viable internet connection in Beijing, but it seems there’s been a veritable cloud of mystery surrounding the most important Olympic issue of 2008: How many freaking condoms are getting handed out?
It’s what we all want to know, and fortunately Mike Hayes at STEADY-BURN wraps it up succinctly with the news that it was not 100,000 as originally thought, but actually almost a half million condoms distributed in Olympic village. Bow-chicka-wow-wow.
• Anheuser-Busch is willing to dive into a marketing deal with Olympic star Michael Phelps, even though the swimmer has a DUI on his record.
• A quarter of USC’s football players are jumped by a jock itch epidemic.
• One sore Swede slams his bronze medal to the mat after feeling wronged in his wrestling match.
• Toledo gets ready to welcome the second coming of Emeka Okafor.
• Canada’s still medal-less this summer? What’s that all aboot?
Tags: Ara Abrahamian
, Beijing Olympics
, Boston Red Sox
, Canadian Olympians
, Chinese Cheaters
, Emeka Okafor
, Jonathan Papelbon
, Manny Ramirez
, Michael Phelps
, Nick Saban
, Olympic Condoms
, Olympic Sore Losers
, Roger Federer
, Serena Williams
, Usc Trojans
, Venus Williams