• Novak Djokovic delights the Monday night US Open crowd with his manic impression of John McEnroe - only to have Mac come down & reclaim his honor in an impromptu tennis match.
• A Kansas community is burned by the cold-hearted hazing of a high school football player slathered in Icy Hot.
• Kentucky fans are fuming at John Calipari because their coach dared send a Wildcats jersey to President Obama.
• A whole lotta football kicked off this weekend - even the lingerie variety.
• Ex-Notre Dame QB Blair Kiel is arrested after going on a drunken warpath at an Indianapolis Indians minor league game.
Tags: Barack Obama
, Blair Kiel
, Boston Red Sox
, John Calipari
, John Henry
, John Mcenroe
, Kentucky Wildcats
, Lacrosse Fight
, Lingerie Football
, Melanie Oudin
, New Westminster Salmonbellies
, New York Jets
, Nfl In London
, Notre Dame Fighting Irish
, Novak Djokovic
, Roger Goodell
, Us Open
This is probably the most amazing sports fight video I’ve ever seen; not because of the ferocity or even the number of people involved, but just because it’s so freaking weird. First of all it’s lacrosse, where you never expect a fight to break out; I always assumed that lacrosse sticks doubled as butterfly nets.
But look at this thing (video below). You’ve got small groups of players duking it out, then you’ve got guys pairing up for their own private fisticuffs away from the main action. And this happens four or five times with different players, with fat guys in black shirts watching like professional wrestling referees. Most surprising of all: No one is using their sticks. Read more…