It seems that in America, everyone who has their 15 minutes of fame manages to get a little bit of green out of it. This is no matter how talentless or despicable they are - hell, Kato Kaelin is still on my TV! But that’s not how life worked for Steve Bartman. Five years after his infamous foul ball run-in with Moises Alou in Game 6 of the NLCS, the PALM BEACH POST says that Bartman’s life is shockingly similar to what it was before: still working at an international consulting firm and still living at home with his parents.
It would be harsh to speculate on why Bartman is still living at home, or about his dating life. But come on: it must be hell trying to get a date in Chicago if you are Steve Bartman. First dates are tough enough already - imagine trying to make awkward chit-chat with this horrible moment hanging over like a dark cloud. If you’re his date, do you just address it right away? “So, what was it like having mobs chase you around Chicago like you were Frankenstein’s monster and Moises Alou was a peasant girl by the river?”
Calendars of the SbB Girls could be coming your way by Christmastime.
• Red Sox Nation mourns the loss of two of its greats: David Oritz (placed on the DL) & Hazel Mae (lowballed on a new NESN contract).
• Kimbo Slice hungers for a piece of the boxing pie.
• A one-legged Kentucky youngster is kicking ass in sports.
• Google Maps is quite good at locating Lou Piniella.
• Terrell Owens lambasts Bill Parcells, but he sure looks good doing it.
Tags: Bill Parcells
, Boston Red Sox
, David Ortiz
, Flip Saunders
, Hazel Mae
, Kimbo Slice
, Lou Piniella
, Moises Alou
, One Legged Athletes
, Petr Sykora
, Pittsburgh Penguins
, Scott Speed
, St. Louis Cardinals
, Terrell Owens
Last April, we wrote about Moises Alou’s apparent confession over the infamous Steve Bartman episode, as the former Chicago Cub commented that he wouldn’t have caught the ball, anyway.
Well, now Alou claims that he didn’t really say all the things he said.
• The NEW YORK OBSERVER pitches up news that CNN host & Little League coach Larry King was tossed from his son’s game.
• THE BEST WHO serves up Maria Sharapova ogling Orlando Bloom.
• THE BASEBALL WRITER learns (via Erin Andrews) that Morgan Ensburg doesn’t impress the Harlem cops with his Yankee card.
Tags: Chicago Cubs
, Detroit Pistons
, Erin Andrews
, Larry King
, Maria Sharapova
, Moises Alou
, New York Yankees
, Pedro Martinez
, Pittsburgh Steelers
, Randy Moss
, Steve Bartman
Everyone knows who Steve Bartman is. He’s the Wrigley Field fan in the 2003 NLCS that got in the way of Moises Alou’s catch attempt, cursing the Cubs to yet another year without a World Series appearance.
But years later, Alou apparently had a little confession to make.