The NEW YORK POST’s Page Six has an item today about a supposed nude photo of Mickey Mantle that recently surfaced on an adult website.
The Post in its note about the photo entertains that it could actually be authentic:
Mickey Mantle doesn’t belong on HotPrisonPals.com, the Web site Sam Wagner founded featuring incarcerated criminals. But Wagner posted a black-and-white photo of a man he claims is Mantle — in the prime of his Hall of Fame career with the Yankees — standing in front of his locker fully, frontally naked. “It was sent to me by a photographer who is very famous and I doubt would send me something not authentic,” Wagner told Page Six. “Mickey was such a big slugger. Damn.”
Despite the New York Post’s obviously exhaustive method of vetting such a sensitive allegation, I regret to report that the photo of Mickey’s mantle is absolutely a fake. Read more…
Last Monday a reader sent me a video interview of a transvestite show business performer named Kelly Mantle.
(Kelly Mantle (r): Nephew of switch-hitting Yankees legend Mickey)
Mr. Mantle is the son of 69-year-old Larry “Butch” Mantle, brother of New York Yankees great Mickey Mantle. Read more…
After Manny Ramirez passed the great Mickey Mantle for sole possession of 15th place in career home runs, the venerable Twins great and Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew told the MINNEAPOLIS STAR-TRIBUNE that “to see his name above Mantle’s on the list . . . that’s a shame.”
(A hero, yes, but an authority on PEDs?)
Killebrew was a contemporary of Mantle’s; each terrorized the AL en route to well over 500 home runs and both are members of the Hall of Fame, but there the similarities end. While Mantle’s well-known as a prolific party animal, Killebrew eschewed the lifestyle, telling SPORTS ILLUSTRATED back in 1963 that for fun, he “like[s] to wash dishes.”
So it’s that disconnect from Mantle’s world that provides the only possible justification for the ignorance displayed by Killebrew with that statement.
• Sorry, fellas - Victoria’s Secret supermodel Adriana Lima is officially off the market after eloping with Memphis Grizzlies guard Marko Jaric.
• Meanwhile, fellow lovely lingerie poser Gisele Bundchen has finally made an honest man out of Tom Brady.
• Could Gina Carano soon be following in Adriana’s & Gisele’s high heels? After all, she just did a spread for Maxim - while her bra is up for bids.
• Speaking of awesome auctions, a Mickey Mantle-autographed “F*** Yogi” baseball was on the block. But Mickey’s son may be calling foul.
Tags: Adriana Lima
, Alfred Aboya
, Bernard Williams
, Chicago Bears
, Detroit Lions
, Ernest Scherer III
, Gina Carano
, Gisele Bundchen
, Marko Jaric
, Mickey Mantle
, Skip Bayless
, Tom Brady
, Trevis Smith
, Troy Aikman
, Ucla Bruins
, Yogi Berra
Monday we noted that a ball supposedly signed by Mickey Mantle that featured an expletive directed at Yogi Berra was being auctioned online.
Today it was reported by Darren Rovell of CNBC that the ball was sold to the Mantle family.
Upon hearing that, I wasn’t surprised at all, considering there’s a possibility that Mantle’s own son Dan claimed the ball was “a fake” in the comments thread of my original post. Read more…
• And the Oscar goes to … Will Smith, for “Boom Goes The Dynamite!”
• An Oregon basketball coach has sex with underage girls, then waits until the statute of limitations runs out before admitting to it. You stay classy, Howard Avery!
• So much for skimming off of MLB prospects’ contracts to fund gay clubs.
• A Moroccan woman overcomes homelessness, an arranged marriage and a maternal beatdown to win in her MMA debut.
Tags: Anderson Varejao
, Ben Wade
, Ben Wallace
, Boom Goes The Dynamite
, Chicago White Sox
, Cleveland Cavaliers
, David Wilder
, Howard Avery
, Ima Achhal
, Jim Bunning
, Lebron James
, Mickey Mantle
, NBA Lockout
, Ruth Bader Ginsberg
, Will Smith
, Yogi Berra
Darren Rovell of CNBC turned up this fun piece of Mickey Mantle memorabilia recently:
It’s of course referencing the Yankees catcher Yogi Berra, who Mantle played with for so many years. Mantle and Yogi got along just fine. But some collectors have said that when Mantle wasn’t in his best form, you could get him to write almost anything.
This apparently was a good test.
The NSFW image of the ball is after the jump.