Michael Beasley, like most of the NBA, has tattoos. He’s covered in them, as a matter of fact. And as you can see, he’s not at all shy about sharing them, as he recently posted this shot on Twitpic:
(Wait, “Super Cool Beas”?)
And while this all seems like rather standard fare, you might want to take a closer look at the table in the lower right of the picture. Specifically, next to the bottle of 7up. Mike, is that… is that weed?
[UPDATE: According to the SOUTH FLORIDA SUN-SENTINEL, Beasley has since closed his Twitter account, which was @GorillaBeas. However, his Twitpic account, where the picture was in question was uploaded, is still active as of Sunday evening and is still linked as the original source in the first paragraph of our article.]
• Attention, ladies! (And Derek Jeter & Madonna!) The legal wrangling has been put to rest, and A-Rod is now a free man!
• The NBA fines Michael Beasley $50,000 for his role in the Mario Chalmers -Darrell Arthur marijuana mess. Boy, he must feel like
some a dope.
• A large 800-pound animal was seen roaming the streets of New York City, and that’s no bull. (Well, actually it is.)
• We flush out video of George Brett sharing some bowel problem stories with spring trainees.
Tags: Alex Rodriguez
, Bulls In New York
, Cythia Rodriguez
, Darrell Arthur
, George Brett
, Kansas State Wildcats
, Leon Patton
, Mario Chalmers
, Michael Beasley
, Nascar Engine Theft
, Oscar Diaz
, Wirgley Field
I knew that the economy was in pretty bad shape at the moment, but I didn’t think that things were this bad. You may remember a few weeks ago when both Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur were sent home from the NBA’s Rookie Transition program after the two college teammates were busted in their room with weed and women (which is ironic because you’d think smoking weed with women in your hotel room would be part of the transition to being an NBA player). Well, even though he wasn’t busted with them, there were rumors at the time that Michael Beasley had been in the room with both of them.
Turns out, he was. Beasley finally admitted as much to NBA officials yesterday, and it was a pretty costly admission as the NBA fined him $50,000 for it.
• MR. IRRELEVANT inks up news of Michael Beasley representin’ D.C. by sporting a brand new Washington Nationals tattoo.
• DEADSPIN can’t decide what to watch on August 28 - Barack Obama’s convention speech, or Wake Forest @ Baylor.
• HOME RUN DERBY discovers that this season has been so bad for Barry Zito that his Fathead poster is on sale for 80% off the original retail price.
• STANLEY CUP JOURNAL has the highlights of the fun Fourth of July weekend the NHL trophy spent in southern California.
• Are Alex Rodriguez and the little missus on the fast track to splitsville?
• The Kansas City Wizards sure know how to treat their female employees.
• What Dwyane Wade & Michael Beasley have is a failure to communicate.
• It’s dangerous to come between a man and his woman, but it’s even worse to come between a Razorback and his scooter.
• No one is safe from Joe Maddon’s “Devil Rays” dollar fine - not even John Challis, the Pennsylvania teen battling terminal cancer.
Tags: Alex Rodriguez
, Arkansas Razorbacks
, Cynthia Rodriguez
, Dwyane Wade
, Joe Maddon
, John Challis
, Kansas City Wizards
, Miami Heat
, Michael Beasley
, Paulina Gretzky
, Tampa Bay Rays
, Wayne Gretzky
A one-act play, wherein one day of the Miami Heat is encompassed in a slightly humorous and revealing manner and we reveal why Michael Beasley did not return Dwyane Wade’s call recently:
(C’mon, kids; we’re puttin’ on a play! Call Harry Morgan!)
Dwyane Wade: Thanks for Beez’s number, Coa… Pre… Pat. I’ll call him right away.
(Wade dials new Miami Heat teammate Michael Beasley; the phone rings.)
(Beasley tries to put down ice pack on his sore chest and reach for his cell phone. Unfortunately, his hands are slippery from picking up the ice pack and he drops the phone under his bed. The phone continues to ring.)
(Wade sighs at the still-ringing call when he gets another call. Caller ID shows it’s Charles Barkley. Wade rolls his eyes.)
This is just typical for the Miami Heat - their first-round NBA Draft pick gets hurt in his first team practice.
The AP reports that Michael Beasley was only 45 minutes into his first drills as a member of the Heat, when the #2 overall pick was struck in the chest by an inadvertent elbow. Beasley was taken to a doctor for observation and did not return to practice.
Just what new Heat coach Erik Spoelstra needed. Read more…
To the surprise of pretty much no one, the 2008 NBA Draft began thusly:
1. Chicago Bulls - Derrick Rose, Memphis
2. Miami Heat - Michael Beasley, Kansas State
3. Minnesota Timberwolves - O.J. Mayo, USC
The only real suspense in the opening stages was who was going to go next after the big three. And the next two teams were Bruin-up some surprises. Read more…
If you visit BULLS.COM today, you’ll see quite the sexy little animation asking the musical question we’ve been dealing with as a weary nation since the Bulls’ balls busted through to the top spot: Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley? Rose is the hard-working point guard from Chicago. Beasley is the athletic beast from… not Chicago.
(Gotta draft ‘em all!)
After months of hearing just how great both young men are, though, we don’t think the Bulls should have to choose. Why not draft both? Riley’s planting whispers (honest or no) that he hates Beasley and thinks he’s a doo-doo head and he wouldn’t draft him if he were the last Coleman on Earth. He wants to trade the pick. Why not to the Bulls?