A taped interview with Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth, plus other evidence, was released on Tuesday by the Miami Beach Police Dept., shining a little light on the events that occurred prior to the auto accident that killed 59-year-old Mario Reyes on March 14. Stallworth, who is serving a 30-day jail sentence (not exactly the “Shawshank Redemption”) after pleading guilty to DUI manslaughter in the case, said that he drank up to four shots of premium tequila while partying with friends at a Miami Beach club. But he did not feel drunk, he said, in the hours before he struck and killed the pedestrian with his car.
When asked how many shots of tequila he had at the hotel that night (March 14), Stallworth said in an interview recorded by police that he drank some tequila from teammate Braylon Edwards’ table and later bought some shots himself. How many? “Three, four at the most,” Stallworth said. “I wasn’t really counting.”
• Cleveland Browns WR Donte Stallworth is sentenced to 30 days in jail in a plea-bargain agreement in the drunk driving death of Miami Beach pedestrian Mario Reyes.
• The Famous Chicken may soon be nesting down in his retirement coop.
• Exciting times for Michael Strahan - he’s got a Fox “comedy” in the works, and he’s now engaged to Eddie Murphy’s ex.
• Speaking of bad shows, “Joe Buck Live” may not have a bright future - unless you consider foul-mouthed Artie Lange as your program’s savior.
• Soccer star Rio Ferdinand follows Cristiano Ronaldo’s fashion lead.
Tags: Artie Lange
, Cleveland Browns
, Cleveland Cavaliers
, Cristiano Ronaldo
, Donte Stallworth
, Famous Chicken
, Golf Cart Demolition Derby
, Jeremy Mayfield
, Joe Buck
, Lebron James
, Mario Reyes
, Melvin Hall Jr
, Michael Strahan
, Nicole Murphy
, Phoenix Suns
, Poker Girls
, Rio Ferdinand
, Shaquille Oneal
The MIAMI HERALD has uncovered video footage of the aftermath of Donte Stallworth’s auto accident in Miami that left a 59-year-old man dead.
Early Saturday morning, Stallworth was driving his Bentley on the MacArthur Causeway when he struck & killed Mario Reyes, who was reportedly trying to cross the street to catch a bus.
Police & rescue workers soon arrived on the scene - the workers trying to revive Reyes, while the police gave Stallworth a sobriety test. Video of the scene (which may be uncomfortable to some viewers) is after the jump.