There are many ways to show leadership in sports: mentor young players, lead by example, or, if you’re Prince Fielder, commit assault & battery.
On Monday night, Fielder shoved Brewers pitcher & teammate Manny Parra because Parra seemed uninterested in hanging around the dugout after being pulled from the game. Going by the “Oh, crap, I’m about to get wasted by a guy who outweighs me by two bills” expression on Parra’s face, I’m guessing from now on he’ll be the first guy at the park in the morning and the last to leave after the game. Message received, Prince.
For what it’s worth, Fielder did apologize for almost snapping the Brewers pitcher in two, but isn’t sorry for his extremely competitive nature.
• It was a dark and stormy night at Wrigley Field on Monday, and SbB writer (& White Sox fan) Tom was right in the middle of it.
• The Carolina Panthers may send Sluggin’ Steve Smith packing.
• Prince Fielder & Manny Parra brawl in a Brewers dugout brouhaha.
• Brett Favre really doesn’t want to be a bother - even though he is.
• Powerade rolls out a new ad campaign featuring a British Olympic cyclist riding without her clothes on.
Tags: Amanda Beard
, Babe Ruth
, Beijing Olympics
, Brett Favre
, Carolina Panthers
, Chicago Cubs
, Heather Mitts
, John Kruk
, Manny Parra
, Milwaukee Brewers
, Nascar Fans
, Nude Olympians
, Prince Fielder
, Rebecca Romero
, Steve Smith
, Wrigley Field
Do you remember the other professional team that plays in Wisconsin? The one that doesn’t have Brett Favre? The team that was tied for the NL Central lead with the Cubs on July 26 before getting swept? Is any of this ringing a bell?
Well, the Brewers found a way to get some attention last night, even if it was for all the wrong reasons. On their way to a 6-3 loss to the Reds on Monday night, pitcher Manny Parra and first baseman Prince Fielder got into a shoving match in the dugout. And by “shoving match”, I mean “mauling”.
(Video after the jump.)