Like you, my appointed, online daily rounds always include perusing the Lingerie Football League’s official website. (LFLUS.com - how catchy) From that today, I’m happy to report that no more games have been postponed (without telling anybody), but I’m a little perplexed about the league’s merchandise situation.
(Yep, even the officially licensed, LFL-branded Horny Goat Weed)
So we’re six weeks into the inaugural season and the league has already sold out of everything? Sold out so fast that they haven’t yet had time to replace anything? Congratulations Razor!
Tags: 11 Year Old Bullfighters
, Alexei Kovalev
, Dan Rooney
, Evgeni Malkin
, Girls HS Basketbrawl
, Joe Torre
, Lingerie Bowl
, Monster Truck Shows
, New York Yankees
, Nhl All Star Game
, Oakland Raiders
, Pat Obrien
, Pittsburgh Steelers
, San Francisco 49ers
, West Virginia
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: organizers have called off the Lingerie Bowl for the third straight year. The TAMPA TRIBUNE reports that the reason isn’t that no one is buying the PPV, or that people can get the same about of gratuitous shots of three-quarters naked women doing something athletic from an episode of “Rock of Love.” No, this is for a far more ironic reason: the nude resort it was being held at wouldn’t agree to have their residents put clothes on.
As we previously mentioned, the game was scheduled to be held at the Caliente nudist resort in Florida, and several of the players were uncomfortable playing in a game in front of nude spectators. Again, the players - who would be running around tackling each other in skimpy underwear and many of whom have posed nude in the past - were uncomfortable with nudity. Sure. And I’m sure it had nothing to do with the late payments and drastic pay cuts that were rumored.
• The ladies of the Lingerie Bowl are leery of playing at a nude resort.
(Lingerie footballer Reby Sky prefers her spectators clothed)
• Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad - I’m hot for the school’s athletic trainer.
• It’s hard to tell what’s more ludicrous - a ‘Rock of Love’ contestant falls on hockey rink ice & thinks she’s broken her boobies, or that she has no idea what’s inside her implants.
• A Minnesota skater hopes to make it as a model - and needs your vote!
Tags: Arizona Cardinals
, Donovan Mcnabb
, Hartford Whalers
, Hot HS Trainers
, Kyra Gracie
, Lingerie Bowl
, Molly Oberstar
, Prayer In The NFL
, Reby Sky
, Rock Of Love
, Unknown Breats Implants
If you thought a group of attractive, scantily-clad young women could just get together and play some physical football like the good old days, well, think again. Just when it looked like this year’s Lingerie Bowl was saved by a quick-thinking site move to a nudist colony, two major obstacles have emerged: 1) Lingerie-wearing players are openly upset they’re being forced to play in a “clothing optional” community; and 2) An agent claims that the company putting on the Bowl didn’t pay its players for a previous game, and is now offering 70% less than the original financial agreement.
(Hut, hut … homina, homina, homina!)
First, let’s take a look at some visual evidence of lingerie models to see if they really have a right to gripe about playing at the Caliente nudist resort in Pasco County, Fla. The woman you see above is Reby Sky, the quarterback of the homestanding Tampa Breeze, and the player who lodged the complaint that you can read in full after the jump. In this photo, she’s actually a participatory nudist, and that photo is a promo shot for the actual event she’s arguing shouldn’t be held in a nudist colony. Oh, and we should mention that she’s posed for PLAYBOY. Just worth mentioning.
Remember the Lingerie Bowls, those authentic, not-at-all-pandering Super Bowl halftime events the nuances of which sports purists love to debate over for hours on end whilst enjoying a Cuban cigar and a snifter of brandy? Well fear not, Underwear Sports World, for an entire league hath been created for you.
(All players are required to bring their own kneepads from home.)
There are to be 10 initial franchises in NFL cities across the country. As expected, the teams all have tasteful, dignified names chosen to inspire young women across the country and prove that they can be anything they want to be, including professional football players. A rundown of each of the teams with some early factoids is after the jump.
• MR. IRRELEVANT exposes Allie LaForce, a former Miss Ohio & the next Erin Andrews:
Oh, and the current Erin Andrews:
Why, she even has her own website up & running! (Which appears to have bee left idle since 2005. Maybe Dan Patrick checks this site everyday, too.)
• AWFUL ANNOUNCING hears that Bob Costas is none too pleased about HBO canceling “Inside the NFL”.
• BILLBOARD is Keeping The Faith that Billy Joel will perform the last-ever concert at Shea Stadium.
• HUGGING HAROLD REYNOLDS slams word that the (formerly Ultimate) Warrior just can’t let Heath Ledger’s death go.
Tags: Allie Laforce
, Al Gore
, Baseball Cards
, Bob Costas
, Chuck Knoblauch
, Dick Vitale
, Erin Andrews
, Harry Kalas
, Heath Ledger
, Lingerie Bowl
, Ron Hextall
, Toronto Raptors
, Ultimate Warrior
SbB passes along a rundown of the non-Randy Moss news of the day:
• Yahoo Sports is now grabbing more visitors than ESPN.com:
• We can handle the loss of the Lingerie Bowl, just as long as the Puppy Bowl pounces onward.
• Rick Neuheisel should have kept his players on shorter leashes during his U-Dub days.
• George Brett no longer has the appetite for the restaurant business.
• A wedding gown-wearing reporter at Super Bowl Media Day asks for Tom Brady’s hand in marriage:
• A new SI cover will show Tiger Woods as Jesus.
• Pardon the pulse interruption, but Michael Wilbon is recovering nicely from a heart attack.
• Schrutebag wants to start a blog? Seriously?
Tags: Colin Cowherd
, George Brett
, Lingerie Bowl
, Michael Wilbon
, Puppy Bowl
, Rick Neuheisel
, Super Bowl
, Tiger Woods
, Tom Brady
, Washington Huskies
, Yahoo Sports
Adrian Ross isn’t the only one to have his scantily-clad Super Bowl shindig scuttled. The EAST VALLEY TRIBUNE reports that there’ll be no Lingerie Bowl performed this year.
Organizers blame the city of Scottsdale for “wasting their time” trying to obtain a permit for the halftime extravaganza. It was their first attempt at holding the game in the same Super Bowl-host city, as the previous pay-per-view contests were played & taped at the L.A. Coliseum.
It will be the second year in a row viewers will be denied a chance to see gals decked in pads, panties & push-up bras playing pigskin.
PORN STAR JAMESON OVERWORKED FOR LINGERIE BOWL? Ladies and gentlemen, your color commentator for next year’s Lingerie Bowl, 32-year-old Jenna Jameson:
I am a little worried, considering it appears Ms. Jameson may be already be overworked in preparation for the broad-cast.