Nice to see there’s still profit to be made from old anger issues. Earlier we told you how Lee Elia was selling signed baseballs in honor of the 25th anniversary of his profane post-game tirade (definitely NSFW). Now you can own the very microphone that caught all the quarter-century-old cursing.
EBay has a listing for the apparently historic mic, owned by former WLS radio reporter Les Grobstein. (Reporters owned their own mics? Who’d have thought?) According to the auction description, this mic was the only audio device in the clubhouse on April 29, 1983, to capture Lee’s epic lashing out at Cubs fans.
But wait - there’s even more to the mic’s story! Read more…
• David Warner of AOL FANHOUSE uncovers news that Tiffany May, the semi-clothed streaker at a recent U.S. Olympic qualifying match, will now be shedding her clothes for Playboy.
• EVERY DAY SHOULD BE SATURDAY (via THE DARTMOUTH) keeps both feet on the ground, as a future Big Green QB was almost killed by kitesurfing. But we suppose it could have been worse.
• KARE-TV reports that the ex-Vikings law-breaking trifecta is now complete. First Carl Eller, then Darrion Scott - now Onterrio Smith joins the jailbirds by getting cuffed for a DUI.
• THE ANGRY T finds some fashionable fillies breaking out the big hats at the Kentucky Derby.
• Tony Kanaan’s wife suggests her IRL hubby go throw on a dress if he’s gonna qualify behind Danica Patrick.
Maybe a little stylish number like this?
• Speaking of married life, a couple of Dallas DJs don’t show much respect to some of the Royals’ significant others.
• First, Mindy McCready’s mom confirms her daughter’s connection to Roger Clemens. Now, the country singer’s dad adds that the two did the tantric tango together.
• Jason Taylor tries to bring some football flair to “Dancing With The Stars.” Bill Parcells remains unimpressed.
• Hulk Hogan caught placing his 24-inch pythons on some pretty posteriors.
Tags: Bill Parcells
, Chad Johnson
, Danica Patrick
, Hulk Hogan
, Jason Taylor
, Jimmy Clausen
, Kc Royals Wives
, Lee Elia
, Mindy Mccready
, Roger Clemens
, Sports Celebrations
, Tony Kanaan
, Torii Hunter
Today marks the 25th anniversary of one of the most memorable postgame meltdowns in Major League Baseball. It was on this date in 1983 that then-Chicago Cubs manager Lee Elia went off on a terrific tirade that had more utterances of the f-word than the entire run-time of “Scarface“.
(As printed on the front page of the CHICAGO TRIBUNE)
For those that need a refresher, here’s the original very-NSFW rant, while those with more sensitive ears can enjoy this bleep-heavy version.
And as Darren Rovell of CNBC comes to learn about our capitalistic society, classic cursing can become quite the cash cow. Read more…
• Jason Taylor is still alive on “Dancing With The Stars” - and he’s using ESPN THE MAGAZINE to tell you how he’s doing.
(Taylor likes what he sees in dance partner Edyta Sliwinska)
• What to do when your team’s not in the NBA playoffs? Well, COLLEGE ON THE RECORD catches Greg Oden partyting down at Penn State.
• Redskins TE Chris Cooley reminisces to SHUTDOWN CORNER about how his own draft day went.
• DEADSPIN cuts to the chase, as Terrell Owens has been cropped out of an incriminating photo.
• PRO FOOTBALL TALK reports that the NFL has reached a deal with videophile Matt Walsh.