• Jay Culter’s debut as Chicago’s QB was completely em-Bear-assing.
• A fired high school basketball coach decides to spend her new-found free time suing over the fact that girls have to play on school nights while the boys get to play on weekends.
• We knew the New Jersey Nets were losers, but we didn’t realize it was $50 million worth.
• It’s nice when a mother & daughter work together. It’s not so nice when they’re working together to beat up a cheerleading coach.
• Utah’s Kyle Korver & Deron Williams jazz up a charity event with a little dodgeball action.
, Charles Barkley
, Chicago Bears
, Chris Myers
, Deron Williams
, Green Bay Packers
, Jake Locker
, Jay Cutler
, Karen Wood
, Kyersten Wood
, Kyle Korver
, Larry Foote
, Mike Singletary
, New Jersey Nets
, Ohio State Buckeyes
, Pete Carroll
, San Francisco 49ers
, Shawne Merriman
, Swimming Pools
, Terrelle Pryor
, Tila Tequila
, Usc Trojans
, Utah Jazz
, Washington Huskies
, Whoopi Goldberg
Okay, when we heard that the Utah Jazz were going to get into a common gym-related activity that everybody can participate in for charity, naturally, we thought it’d be Jazzercise. Yes, because of the team name, but also because we could totally see Kyle Korver doing this (it’s basketball-themed and everything!).
(Is it too late to go with the “Utah Purple Cobras” for next season?)
No no, though, it’s dodgeball, as the team held a “Dodge Barrage” event for charity this weekend. The two principal characters in the charity are Korver and Deron Williams, and they promoted it with some admittedly awesome work on YouTube. Video is below.
When the DES MOINES REGISTER recently asked Iowans what Hawkeye State celebrity they’d like to make sweet love to, many gals went gaga over Gene Chizik.
(Gene Chizik - Cyclones football coach & sex symbol)
THE WIZARD OF ODDS informs us that the Iowa State football coach was one of the lucky few fellows that Des Moines dames desired as their “celebrity sex partner“. Read more…
We’re a little camera shy, so we’ll take our next Philippe order to go.
• Is Katarina Witt’s Playboy past too worrisome for the Worldwide Leader?
• Bruce Pearl uses the ol’ hug excuse to text Erin Andrews. Does this guy know how to operate or what?
• A funny photo of Kyle Korver cowering on the court.
• David Stern puts the hammer down on homer TV announcers.
Tags: Bill Cowher
, Brett Favre
, Bruce Pearl
, David Stern
, Erin Andrews
, Hottie Athletes
, Katarina Witt
, Kyle Korver
, Seattle Sonics
, Trent Green
, Warren Sapp
Kyle Korver keeps his awkward hitting streak alive, with this photo from NBA.com (and first discovered by DEADSPIN):
Earlier (as noted by Skeets at YAHOO), he warded off an infinitely uncomfortable line of questioning from a female SLC news anchor.
Fitting for a man who plays for a team as nonsensically-named as the Utah Jazz.
• Skeets at YAHOO uncovers a rather awkward, rather discursive interview with Kyle Korver.
• TAILGATING IDEAS offer the bucket list for tailgaters.
• STEROID NATION notes that Barry Bonds testosterone level may have been just a smidge high in 2001.
• THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE points out that the son of one of the Hanson Brothers from “Slap Shot” is playing hockey for Notre Dame.