• Soccer WAG Abbey Clancy really needs to find a swimsuit top that fits.
• Just a few weeks before his death in an alleged murder-suicide, Steve McNair had filmed a public service announcement about suicide prevention.
• An Aussie tennis player gets slapped with a fine & suspended for six months for shouting a racial slur at a South African opponent.
• The Mountain West & WAC hate the BCS, but don’t hate the BCS’ money.
• Has it really been 30 years since Disco Demolition Night more or less demolished Comiskey Park?
Tags: Abbey Clancy
, Bryden Klein
, Chelsea Steele
, Chicago White Sox
, Comiskey Park
, Disco Demolition Night
, Erin Andrews
, Jeremy Mayfield
, Kevin Houser
, Manny Ramirez
, Mountain West
, New Orleans Saints
, New York Mets
, Sahel Kazemi
, Steve McNair
As long snappers go, Kevin Houser was unremarkable. That may not seem like a compliment, but considering the fact that the only time anyone ever talks about a long snapper is when he screws something up, “unremarkable” is the gold standard for long snappers. To that end, he never biffed a snap that led to a missed field goal or blocked punt.
(God, I hope they’re related to him.)
And yet all the same, the Saints released him last week, even though they stand to save no money with his departure; his likely replacement will earn $100,000 more than Houser. Well, check that; the Saints won’t be saving any money against the salary cap; their own pocketbooks are a different matter.