• 100% INJURY RATE wonders what the holy hell is up with a columnist who believes Shaun Alexander can’t get a job because he’s too Christian.
• Kevin Seifert of ESPN discovers the Vikings’ Kenechi Udeze is getting some brotherly help in his fight against leukemia.
• Minda of the LADIES… takes us on a Royal three-day adventure around Kauffman Stadium. Sadly, she didn’t partake in any KC BBQ during her trip. For shame!
• Eddie Sefko of the DALLAS MORNING NEWS calls in word that Shaq’s anti-Kobe rap is now available as a cell phone ring tone.
Tags: Kansas City Royals
, Kenechi Udeze
, Kobe Bryant
, Lou Holtz
, Nintendo Wii
, Penn State Nittany Lions
, Phoenix Suns
, Shaquille Oneal
, Shaq Anti Kobe Rap
, Shaun Alexander
, Wisconsin Badgers
• NEW YORK NEWSDAY’s Neil Best hears that the NFL Network gig vacated by Bryant Gumbel could be filled by - Al Michaels?!
• Stephanie Stradley of AOL FANHOUSE knows what the Vikings’ Kenechi Udeze is going through, as her sister had her own fight with leukemia.
• ON THE BASELINE follows up that Maria Sharapova is still mad about a forced photo shoot, so she plans to dig up some dirt on behind-the-scenes at the WTA.
• RANDBALL catches Nick Saban embracing new technology to get around NCAA rules created specifically for him.
The MINNEAPOLIS STAR-TRIBUNE tips us to a very sad report from KSTP-TV in Minneapolis that “Kenechi Udeze of the Vikings has been diagnosed with a form of leukemia.”
Doctors are not sure yet of the severity of his blood-based condition. Udeze, a starting defensive end for the Vikings, “is at Fairview Southdale Hospital undergoing tests.”
Vikings Coach Brad Childress acknowledged Udeze’s condition - without getting specific - in a statement out today: “With reports surfacing about Kenechi Udeze’s condition, we respect the privacy of Kenechi. The thoughts and prayers of the entire Minnesota Vikings organization are with Kenechi and his family.“