Last month I reported:
On December 11, Woods’ lawyers hurriedly obtained an injunction from the High Court of London banning any publication of nude photos of (Tiger) Woods in the United Kingdom. On December 12, London tabloid NEWS OF THE WORLD splashed a huge interview and video chat with (Woods alleged mistress Jamie) Jungers.
England and Chelsea soccer captain John Terry obtained the exact same injunction on Jan. 22 when he found out that the same News of the World was set to publish a story about his extramarital affair with Vanessa Perroncel, the girlfriend of Wayne Bridge, his England and ex-Chelsea teammate.
(Story was initially spiked by Tiger-like U.K. High Court ruling)
But in a stunning reversal a week later, High Court judge Michael Tugendhat ruled that New of the World could publish its story about Terry’s alleged affair.
So should Woods now be worried about a reversal in his case? Based on the written reasoning for the reversal by High Court judge Tugendhat, absolutely.
• Congratulations to Bar Refaeli for making the cover of this year’s Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
• And we already have a suggestion for next year’s cover girl - Rick Fox’s foxy sister Jeanene.
• But will we soon see full nudity in the sports mag’s annual edition? That could be a reason why the Laker Girls turned down a chance to pose for a SI photoshoot.
• We expected to A-Rod to come out sooner or later, but little did we know it would be about past steroid use. And who spilled the beans first? An alleged SI stalker? His ex-wife? No wonder he needed an escape to the Bahamas with two hottie companions.
Tags: Alex Rodriguez
, Bar Refaeli
, Central Michigan Chippewas
, Cynthia Rodriguez
, Donald Sterling
, Dwyane Wade
, Elgin Baylor
, Erin Andrews
, Frank Lampard
, Ilya Dall
, Jeanene Fox
, John Terry
, Laker Girls
, Los Angeles Clippers
, Maripily Rivera
, Rick Fox
, Roberto Alomar
, Si Swimsuit Issue
, Sports Illustrated
Hey there, readers! Before you head off for the delightful/dreadful (choose one) Valentine’s Day weekend, how about taking one more stab at another hearty SbB Clever Caption Contest!
Today’s photo is a touching one indeed, as Chelsea striker Frank Lampard stretches it all out while behind teammate John Terry:
Really, what else can be said about such an astonishing image? Let’s find out! Submit your suggestions into the comments section linked below. Winner will be announced in the end-of-the-day recap.
Good luck and good writing!
• THE BEAUTIFUL GAME slides over this new warning sign to be displayed whenever John Terry is spotted in the vicinity:
• BABES LOVE BASEBALL breaks out the Voodoo Sabermetrics on Ryan Braun.
• PINK HAT NATION looks back on the peculiar life of the Padres’ Eric Show.
• THE LOVE OF SPORTS breaks out the zubaz in listing their choices of the top 10 worst sports fashion trends.
John Terry had a chance to claim the UEFA Champions League crown. After 90 minutes of play resulted in a 1-1 tie, Chelsea & Manchester United had to settle their score through penalty kicks.
Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored Man U’s regulation-time goal, missed his penalty shot, leaving the door open for Terry to clinch it in Chelsea’s final kick. But rain kept falling on Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium, and field conditions became more slick. Read more…