Guess there are some Boston baseball beauties that can knock your sox off.
• Avery Johnson now has time to attend all those Josh Howard parties.
Will Mark D’Antoni also be available for appearances?
• Some grouchy media dinosaurs use Bob Costas’ HBO show to growl about the sports blogosphere.
• But they don’t understand the true power of the Internet, as in the case of a small-college football player using YouTube to get himself drafted by the Eagles.
• Maria Sharapova finally meets Anna Kournikova - about 3-5 years too late for most of the media to care.
• Sisters are doing it for themselves - especially when it comes to softball sportsmanship.
Tags: Anna Kournikova
, Avery Johnson
, Bcs Mess
, Beijing Olympics
, Billy Packer
, Deshawn Stevenson
, Drafted On Youtube
, Hating On Bloggers
, Jim Lefebvre
, Josh Howard
, Maria Sharapova
, Mark Dantoni
, Michael Vick
, Nick Saban
, Sexy Red Sox Fans
, Softball Sportsmanship
, Will Leitch
Barry Svrluga of the WASHINGTON POST reports today that Jim Lefebvre is the manager of China’s Olympic baseball team in Beijing this summer. And that Barry Larkin has also, already, played a prominent role in coaching up the Chinese squad.
But Larkin might be most excited about his role working with the Chinese national team, which is preparing for the Olympics in August. Larkin spent three weeks in Beijing working with former major leaguer Jim Lefebvre, who is managing the team, and he hopes to be invited back for the Olympics.
We’ve all seen the insane protests involving the Olympic torch the past few weeks, and we think things are likely to get uglier as we approach the opening cermonies in August. Read more…