• Provocative photos of CFL cheerleaders cause a coach to call it quits.
• Coming to a college campus near you - NCAA-regulated beach volleyball.
• LeBron James promises the U.S. will win basketball gold once again.
• Unfortunately for swimmer Jessica Hardy, her chances for Olympic glory have been sunk by a failed drug test.
• Happy* 44th* birthday*, Barry* Bonds*! Read more…
Tags: 8 Year Old Tennis Cheats
, Barry Bonds
, Caleb Campbell
, Cfl Cheerleaders
, Cheerleaders Photos
, Jessica Hardy
, Kenyatta Jones
, Lebrom James
, Max Mosley
, Ncaa Beach Volleyball
, Shin Soo Choo
, Tim Donaghy
Even though the Olympics are still around the corner, the real excitement of the Summer Games is already upon us as the first positive drug tests start to roll in. Today’s elimination: 21-year-old breaststroke specialist Jessica Hardy.
(I’ll take one banned stimulant, please.)
According to the LOS ANGELES TIMES, Hardy, a one-time 100m breaststroke world-record holder & world champ in the non-Olympic 50m breaststroke, tested positive for the banned stimulant clenbuterol, a drug prescribed to people with breathing disorders. Whether or not Hardy actually has a breathing problem or just wants to achieve the underwater lung capacity of Aquaman is unknown. Read more…
• Ten-hut! MARINE CORPS TIMES reports that John Paxson’s son Ryan is leaving the college court and joining the Leathernecks.
• The experts have already done it, so now it’s your turn to try your hand at the SPORTING NEWS’ 1986 Strat-O-Matic season.
• FOOD COURT LUNCH gives us/poetry of star athletes/in lovely haiku.
• Al Iannazzone of the BERGEN (NJ) RECORD believes John Calipari should play it smart and stay in school.