One of the DEA’s dirty (and poorly kept) secrets is that marijuana - the devil weed - doesn’t have much in the way of long-term negative effects. That’s not to say it’s healthy, of course, but you don’t see the sores or teeth falling out or other never-the-same-after-that problems.
(Throwing his career away, right? What do you mean, “no”?!)
Perfect case in point: the single most famous pot-smoking athlete in America today, Michael Phelps. Phelps is back in competition after his suspension for being photographed while apparently using a bong (to Phelps’ credit, he owned up instead of trying to go for the “implausible but try and prove otherwise” defense of claiming he wasn’t actually smoking at the time).
But marijuana’s a drug, one that directly involves the respiratory system that’s kinda important in swimming and other athletic endeavors. Surely, it must have robbed him of his legendary conditioning, right? Read more…
Jenn Sterger’s plans for world domination are proceeding smoothly, according to her. Over the weekend she attended an Indianapolis 500 party where she promoted a new sports drink, before that taking time to brag on an Indianapolis radio show about her proficiency with Twitter.
Sterger, of course, is the former
USF bandwagon hopper Florida State Cowgirl, former SPORTS ILLUSTRATED columnist, current New York Jets “Gameday” host, and future celebrity reality show contestant who rose to prominence after making several cameo appearances in Brent Musberger’s sexual fantasies in 2005. You may think that she’s dropped from the radar but you’d be wrong; the threat of a Sterger-dominated world is very real.
• GIRLS GONE SPORTS won’t stop believing Tony Romo has talent, as the Cowboys QB hits the stage with Jessica & some metal band:
• FOOD COURT LUNCH learns of a former CFL player found shot to death - and surprisingly it’s not Lawrence Phillips.
• WITH LEATHER is going to stay off the bikes for a while.
• MJD of YAHOO SPORTS bowls a few mini-frames with Matt Leinart.
• SPORTS ILLUSTRATED rolls out a casting call for “Super Bowl XLII: The Movie“:
Starring Haley Joel Osment as Eli Manning.
• Darren Rovell of CNBC has one bet the Super Bowl oddsmakers forgot to put on the board - Will Bill Belichick wear his hoodie?
• Speaking of Vegas, THE SCORES REPORT thanks God - at 5-to-2 odds.
Tags: Bill Belichick
, Bowl Games
, Eli Manning
, Haley Joel Osment
, Jared From Subway
, Jason Kapono
, Jessica Simpson
, Jim Fassel
, Matt Leinart
, Michael Vick
, Reality Tv
, Super Bowl
, Tony Romo