• Who would have though cream cheese on bagels would be the downfall of George Mason coach Jim Larranaga’s Twittering career?
(”Go away! You’ve caused me enough trouble!”)
• Broncos fans boo Jay Culter on his return to Denver. And the way Kyle Orton has been playing, expect a lot more booing from Mile High this year.
• But there’s plenty of cheering at NBC, where Sunday’s Broncos-Bears matchup netted the highest ratings for a preseason game in five years.
• Holy subterranean living! Indiana Pacers forward Danny Granger is building himself a batcave down in New Mexico.
• A Louisville-area high school football coach is facing homicide charges after one of his players collapsed & died during practice.
, Bill Belichick
, Boston Celtics
, Chicago Bears
, Cream Cheese
, Danny Granger
, Dave Kiefer
, David Stinson
, Denver Broncos
, George Mason Patriots
, Indiana Pacers
, Jay Cutler
, Jim Larranaga
, Kyle Orton
, Los Angeles Dodgers
, Max Gilpin
, New England Patriots
, Stanford Cardinal
, Tommy Heinsohn
Do you want to put up with such sugary garbage that your teeth will fall out? We’d guess the answer’s no, but hey, some people have suicidal teeth. You never know. Anyway, you’ve got two options on that front. The first is to eat at IHOP.
(This is so necessary right now.)
The other option, which is closely related, is to read the press release that IHOP and the NFL just released to announce their partnership. It’s awful. It’s stupid. This is not a drill, Ironic Detachment Team; this is the real thing, and you’re going to have roll your eyes harder than you’ve ever rolled them before.