• Andrew Bynum’s knee must be feeling a lot better, since the Lakers star is now strong enough to carry Playboy Playmates on his shoulders.
• Guess he finds that more fun than rehabbing with the Hoops Whisperer.
• Is there too much Twittering going on in the NBA ranks?
• One of the Oklahoma City Thunder owners has done such a good job, he awards himself with a $75 million bonus.
• Two men involved in an Internet scam were allegedly killed in a New York condo owned by ex-Jet Jonathan Vilma.
Tags: Andrew Bynum
, Aubrey McClendon
, Brent Wright
, Gay College Kicker
, Hank Baskett
, John Calipari
, Jonathan Vilma
, Kendra Wilkinson
, Kentucky Wildcats
, Los Angeles Lakers
, Oklahoma City Thunder
, Rich Brooks
, Shawn Johnson
, The Hoops Whisperer
, Twitter In NBA
It seems like a situation custom-made for disaster. A college football player who’s gay… in the Deep South… and he’s a kicker. So how’s it working out for him?
(No, the “Rainbow Warriors” did not count as openly gay football players. Grow up.)
Well… pretty good, actually. As the WIZ OF ODDS reports, OUTSPORTS landed what we’re pretty sure is the first interview with an openly gay (if still anonymous) active college football player. “Tim,” as they’re calling him, is a kicker in the Bible Belt who’s gay and open enough about it that his teammates, well, know. And despite what prevalent preconceptions exist of a closed-minded South, those teammates are pretty cool about it: Read more…