• Anheuser-Busch is willing to dive into a marketing deal with Olympic star Michael Phelps, even though the swimmer has a DUI on his record.
• A quarter of USC’s football players are jumped by a jock itch epidemic.
• One sore Swede slams his bronze medal to the mat after feeling wronged in his wrestling match.
• Toledo gets ready to welcome the second coming of Emeka Okafor.
• Canada’s still medal-less this summer? What’s that all aboot?
Tags: Ara Abrahamian
, Beijing Olympics
, Boston Red Sox
, Canadian Olympians
, Chinese Cheaters
, Emeka Okafor
, Jonathan Papelbon
, Manny Ramirez
, Michael Phelps
, Nick Saban
, Olympic Condoms
, Olympic Sore Losers
, Roger Federer
, Serena Williams
, Usc Trojans
, Venus Williams
The basketball talent normally runs in the family. For the Okafors, that’s definitely the case, as Emeka Okafor excelled at UConn and is now with the Charlotte Bobcats. So does his third cousin, currently in high school, who will commit to the University of Toledo Rockets, the TOLEDO BLADE reports. And what’s his name? Why, Emeka Okafor.
(From left to right: Emeka Okafor, Emeka Okafor.)
Now, this might be extremely convenient at family reunions when you want to gather everyone around (”Emeka! Dinner’s on!”) But for those of us who follow sports or “write” about them, we need some distinguishing marks: