• SI is planning to serve up Russian tennis hotties Tatiana Golovin & Maria Kirilenko in their next swimsuit issue.
• Charles Barkley rings in the new year with donuts, DUIs, blow jobs, big bar tabs - and Urkel.
• Elle MacPherson, still not afraid to flash some flesh at 44.
• Danica Patrick gets pulled over for speeding. Oh, the delicious irony! (Namely because Danica herself is quite delicious.)
Tags: Caroline Pal
, Charles Barkley
, Dallas Cowboys
, Danica Patrick
, Elle Macpherson
, Joe Paterno
, Khloe Kardashian
, Lingerie Football League
, Maria Kirilenko
, Michael Phelps
, Rashad Mccants
, Si Swimsuit Issue
, Sports Illustrated
, Tatiana Golovin
• Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel & Rod Marinelli get to join all the other out-of-work folks on the unemployment line.
• Meanwhile, it took until the very last weekend of the season, but the NFL playoff picture is finally set.
• Guilt by association: A fan says he was removed from an NFL stadium just because he was rooting for the Raiders.
• A one-armed basketball prospect is hoping for a chance to jump onto an Ivy League roster.
Tags: Baron Davis
, Brett Favre
, Elle Macpherson
, Eric Mangini
, Nfl Playoffs
, Oakland Raiders
, One Armed B Ballers
, Rod Marinelli
, Romeo Crennel
, Ted Leonsis
, Uaw Golf Course
Until Marisa Miller (OMG OMG OMG) came along, the SI swimsuit issue for me had turned into Saturday Night Live (oops! “SNL”). Outmoded and largely irrelevant. Because of the selection of models, be them celebrity or otherwise, I’d completely lost interest in what was once, for me, the most-anticipated magazine release of the year.
(*44 or not, would still hit it with Ichiro-like precision*)
Yeah, I’m fully aware that the SI swimmag is still the most-sold, slick paper-based issue in the world every year, and that I’m in the minority in my now-reaction to the mag when it hits the rack. Save it pal.
But I was weaned on full-bodied, classy SI cover birds like Elle MacPherson and Cheryl Tiegs. Which makes the latest pics of MacPherson a little jarring (I didn’t say disappointing, mind you).
More pics after the jump. Read more…