• Why did LaLa Vasquez get into some vicious verbal jawing with Mavericks fans? Because she claims she was receiving racist taunts.
• What the Hellman’s? USC basketball coach Tim Floyd supposedly spent $1,000 to get some Mayo.
• Huzzah! NASCAR events can trace their roots back to Medieval times.
• Ex-NBA player Corie Blount is sentenced to one year in prison for having too many blunts, but not without a final jab from the presiding judge: “Cheech And Chong would have a hard time smoking that much.”
• Since we’ve already covered the Miami Caliente, it’s only fair that we also take a look at the Lingerie Football League’s other Florida franchise - the Tampa Breeze.
Tags: Central Connecticut State Blue Devils
, Corie Blount
, Dallas Mavericks
, Dwayne Hunter
, Lala Vasquez
, Lingerie Football League
, Matthew Johns
, NASCAR Gets Medieval
, Oj Mayo
, Pooh Richardson
, Shaquille Oneal
, Tampa Breeze
, Tennessee Volunteers
, Tim Floyd
, Usc Trojans
What makes the perfect football recruit for the Tennessee Volunteers? Apparently its a combination of speed, strength and a criminal rap sheet. Which is why it makes complete sense that Lane Kiffin offered star Ohio high school cornerback Dwayne “Deejay” Hunter a scholarship for next year. With his lockdown ability on defense and history of legal problems, he was the perfect candidate to suit up in Tennessee orange.
Hunter didn’t sign with Kiffin earlier this year, but based on his recent run of incidents, even the home of The Fulmer Cup might think twice about welcoming him on campus. The MIDDLETOWN JOURNAL says that after a court hearing for allegedly assaulting his 17-year-old girlfriend after their prom, Hunter was arrested for violating the terms of his bond from an incident involving a BB gun in January.