Dan Patrick & Keith Olbermann - together again, Sundays this fall on NBC!
• Brian Bosworth is back in the news, and it’s for a noble deed indeed.
• Those appearing on Showtime’s new version of “Inside the NFL”, please step forward. Whoa, not so fast, Dan Marino.
• Chipper Jones apparently isn’t well known in “American Idol” circles.
• Lou Holtz’s friendship with the dearly(?) departed Jesse Helms may have cost the coach his Arkansas job.
• Jason Peter’s new book details a football life of drugs, hookers and attempted suicide - which makes for some great summer reading!
Tags: Alex Rodriguez
, American Idol
, Brian Bosworth
, Cc Sabathia
, Chicago State Cougars
, Chipper Jones
, Cynthia Rodriguez
, Dan Marino
, Dan Patrick
, Dumpster Muffin
, Inside The Nfl
, Jason Peter
, Jesse Helms
, Keith Olbermann
, Lou Holtz
, New York Yankees
The SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE (and Holly at EDSBS) has an update on the big stink between homeless tree-sitters and Cal officials who are trying to build a sports training facility next to Memorial Stadium.
(”Look, in the distance, a Flying J truckstop shower with your name on it!”)
UC Berkeley’s plan to build a state-of-the-art athletic training center next to Memorial Stadium is on hold until the university can prove the project would not violate state earthquake-safety laws, a judge ruled Wednesday.
University officials are ecstatic about the ruling, claiming they aren’t violating any of the safety laws - and that the project will now soon move forward. But advocates for the mountain trash tree-sitters are also claiming victory.
I actually hope the training center doesn’t get built. Since I’m a USC football fan and also hope to continue to read about these sort of exchanges involving “Dumpster Muffin“: