Guess there are some Boston baseball beauties that can knock your sox off.
• Avery Johnson now has time to attend all those Josh Howard parties.
Will Mark D’Antoni also be available for appearances?
• Some grouchy media dinosaurs use Bob Costas’ HBO show to growl about the sports blogosphere.
• But they don’t understand the true power of the Internet, as in the case of a small-college football player using YouTube to get himself drafted by the Eagles.
• Maria Sharapova finally meets Anna Kournikova - about 3-5 years too late for most of the media to care.
• Sisters are doing it for themselves - especially when it comes to softball sportsmanship.
Tags: Anna Kournikova
, Avery Johnson
, Bcs Mess
, Beijing Olympics
, Billy Packer
, Deshawn Stevenson
, Drafted On Youtube
, Hating On Bloggers
, Jim Lefebvre
, Josh Howard
, Maria Sharapova
, Mark Dantoni
, Michael Vick
, Nick Saban
, Sexy Red Sox Fans
, Softball Sportsmanship
, Will Leitch
Reuben Frank of PHILLYBURBS.com reports on Andy Studebaker, an anonymous DIII defensive end from Wheaton College who apparently would not have been drafted had it not been for a video of one of his workouts on Youtube:
“Nobody ever heard of this kid, but then his workout started popping up on You Tube and next thing you know, he got super hot and everybody (in the NFL) is looking at him,” Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said. “If it wasn’t for You Tube, he probably wouldn’t have been drafted.”
Workout video after the jump. Read more…