• Lisa Guerrero - from primetime sidelines to blogging for the L.A. Times.
• Bet the Philadelphia Police Bomb Squad feels like a bunch of wieners for blowing up a box of the Phillie Phanatic’s hot dogs.
• Ex-Nebraska RB Thunder Collins heals wounded Huskers’ hearts by saying he’s didn’t die in an apparent drug deal gone wrong.
• Plaxico Burress’ two-week timeout could be explained by troubles at home.
• Remember all that money T. Boone Pickens gave to Oklahoma State to build up the Cowboys’ athletic facilities? Well, he might want some of that back.
Tags: Cincinnati Reds
, Corey Patterson
, Dusty Baker
, Fresno State Bulldogs
, Lisa Guerrero
, Michael Vick
, Nebraska Cornhuskers
, Nude Women Of Curling
, Oklahoma State Cowboys
, Phillie Phanatic
, Plaxico Burress
, Ron Kittle
, T. Boone Pickens
, Thunder Collins
, Ucla Bruins
When your team’s been out of postseason contention since about 3-4 months back, it’s hard to find interesting stuff to talk about. And since Dusty Baker doesn’t have to worry about fielding questions regarding the Reds’ chances in the playoffs, the Cincy manager decided to devote some of his time quashing some randy rumors.
(Dusty’s definitely not all smiles at the moment)
Word around town is that Dusty’s daughter, 28-year-old Natosha, is dating and/or engaged to Reds outfielder Corey Patterson. Well, Baker wants to set the record straight.
Stealing the thunder from WALKOFF WALK’s Corey Patterson Watch, we report with a bit too much glee that Dusty Baker could not find his lineup card even if he stapled it to Darren Baker’s jersey and told him to follow Daddy around at all times.
This must be why Dusty Baker forgot to bat Corey Patterson in the ninth inning Sunday, instead running up Dave “I’d Hit It” Ross out of order in an 8-3 loss to the Mets.
(Ed Betz of the AP gets our early vote for the photography Pulitzer)
The sharp-eyed Willie Randolph (filed under “Phrases We Never Thought We’d Utter with a Straight Face”) spotted the error after Ross slipped in front of Patterson to start the final inning.
THE CINCINNATI ENQUIRER emphasizes Baker’s regular bench coach had to take third base when that coach left for a family matter. We assume this bench coach also makes sure Dusty always leaves the clubhouse with pants on.