On Feb. 4, ESPN PR guy Mac Nwulu Tweeted: “ESPN Stu Scott, fitness buff, arrived Miami for SB XLIV after 1wk MMA training under FOX Sport’s Jay Glazer. No plans to fight pro!!”
Pro or no pro, Stuart Scott and Jay Glazer in the Octagon? Is there a sports fan alive who wouldn’t fork over 49.99 to see that? (Dude, I can dream, can’t I?)
To indulge my curiousity, I called Glazer and Scott today to get the downlow, and it turns out Nwulu’s Tweet was indeed true. Glazer, who trains NFL players with MMA legend Randy Couture during the NFL offseason, told me today that he recently trained Scott for a day in Ft. Lauderdale.
Tags: Brian Cushing
, Charles Grant
, Chris Long
, Damien Woody
, Dave Diehl
, Isaiah Stanback
, Jared Allen
, Jay Glazer
, Jay Glazer MMA
, Justin Tuck
, Matt Leinart
, Patrick Willis
, Stuart Scott
, Stuart Scott MMA
, Vernon Gholston
, Will Smith
• AOL FANHOUSE takes a chill pill, as Chris Berman makes reference to one of his YouTube videos during ESPN’s NFL Draft coverage.
• Speaking of Boomer, THE LEGEND OF CECILIO GUANTE believes that the big guy’s absence in Day 2 of the Draft makes it easier viewing than Day 1.
• It’s RANDBALL’s turn to get to know the real Erin Andrews - in a two-part heart-to-heart, even!
• JOE SPORTS FAN catches Brady Quinn giving #2 pick Chris Long a Hummer.
Terry Lefton of SPORTS BUSINESS DAILY points us to promotion by Subway that will definitely appeal to the masses trolling for internet porn who enjoy whiling away the day on the web. Oh yeah, and Chris Long fans!:
(Indulge us, we just can’t get enough of this story)
Top NFL Draft prospect DE Chris Long has signed a deal with Subway that has him appearing in 15 Webisodes on Subwayfreshbuzz.com around the NFL Draft. Long also will make appearances for the restaurant chain. In some of the Webisodes, produced by Source Communications, Long shows Subway icon Jared Fogle how to attain “NFL shape.”
(Lost opp: Subway webisode could’ve featured Long as Purell endorser)
What you (and Chris Long) probably know: Jared (allegedly) used to sell porn in college.
What you (and Chris Long) probably don’t know: Jared (allegedly) used that experience as inspiration to develop the sweet onion sauce they slather on Subway’s mutant chicken subs. Read more…
• FAN IQ’s Critical Fanatic suggests the Sacramento Kings make the NBA Draft Lottery meaningful again by sending one lucky fan to the proceedings.
And make sure the Dance Team gets to come along, too.
• Darren Rovell of CNBC advises Chris Long on what number he should wear if he’s drafted by the Raiders.
• THE WORLD OF ISAAC needs their mouth washed out with soap, as they present The Dirtiest Name In Sports Tournament.
• BABES LOVE BASEBALL gets some good chuckles out of last night’s Red Sox-Yankees game.